xisto Community
palestranger

Assignment For School.. 80's Music. i just need some ideas to begin with

Hi, I am working (well i'm trying :) ) on an assignment 4 school. It has to do with 80's music & 80's subcultures in general.

I would apreciate it very much if you'd try to answer a few questions for me.

Ok here they come :

What kind of 80's music do you like? (what styles, bands)?

Why is there something like subcultures?

What subculture do you prefer

Is there something else you'd want me to know about the 80's music ?

Thank you very much for reading my post ! :) I'd be delighted if you'd try to answer my questions, however there is no need to answer them all. These questions are merely to help you give me the information that i need. You don't need to stick to the questions either... thanks

cindy frikkin laupher!! check the movie '"the goonies"!!!!besides that, i remember michael jackson begin quite big back then. and WHAM!i can come up with more, but maybe you should search amazon.com for tracklists of some 'best of the 80ies' cd's :)oh yeah, wasn't newbeat rather big in the 80's? or was that 90's?oh: culture club! karma kameleon!

What kind of 80's music do you like? (what styles, bands)?I liked Michael Jackson, Prince, REM, Bruce Springsteen and The SmithsWhy is there something like subcultures?Sorry I don't understand this question.What subculture do you preferDittoIs there something else you'd want me to know about the 80's music ?Listen to the album Don Juan's Reckless Daughter by Joni Mitchell

Yeah there are some real 80s freaks out there, but I wish I was one of them. The subculture because they grew up in the 80s (were teens in the 80s)... so there's a subculture for every "age" of music, like every decade (check out VH1's "I love the 80s"..."I love the 90s" etc). When I think 80s, I think Flock of Seagulls, Journey, Phil Collins, Madonna, Michael Jackson... Funny 'cause there's an 80s throwback right now, you can see fashion is going full circle and people are wearing legwarmers and big shirts in the cities, etc. Good luck with the project!

hummm.. the 80's was a i big moment for hip-hop culture.. for example.. it arrived to contries like mine (Colombia).... and in the USA it began it's expansion..Also a new force of rap was borned... the white rap.. from it's beginings rap music has being and afro music style.. but in the late 80's groups like Vanilla Ice and the Beastie Boys prove them wrong..I thing there was a law "sute" (excuse my english.. jeje) from the blank movement, saying that white people has always try to overcome their doings.. and white rap was an insult for theme.. something like thatso, aside from the rock music... genres like Hip-Hop and "Electronic" (techno, dance, house, etc..) were being developed... rising!!!!!

I think Van Halen was especially important during the 80's...this was the time when they revolutionized guitar rock and made it big (remember "Jump"?).

Queen also was big in the 80's...although moreso in Europe than in the US. Though Queen lost much of its fame in the US after The Game, they remained international superstars.

Hi, I am working (well i'm trying :) ) on an assignment 4 school. It has to do with 80's music & 80's subcultures in general.

I would apreciate it very much if you'd try to answer a few questions for me.

Ok here they come :

What kind of 80's music do you like? (what styles, bands)?

Why is there something like subcultures?

What subculture do you prefer

Is there something else you'd want me to know about the 80's music ?

Thank you very much for reading my post ! :) I'd be delighted if you'd try to answer my questions, however there is no need to answer them all. These questions are merely to help you give me the information that i need. You don't need to stick to the questions either... thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a big fan of the alternative seen in the 80s, from Clash, Joy Divison, The Cure, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses and New Order.

80s Music was probably the first time when DJing was being applauded as well as the music. It was becoming an art to be a good DJ.

Also, ecstacy and coke was at an all time.

But Im English, so you might have different opinions...

okay....What kind of 80's music do you like? (what styles, bands)?the cure, ministry, skinny puppy, depeche mode, danzig, radiohead, metallica, megadeth, the ramones, violent femmes, cyndi lauper (goonies was an awesome movie!), blondie, madonna, billy joel, damn yankees, warrant, def leppard, ac/dc, twisted sister, motley crue, van halen, aerosmith, digital underground, and i could keep going on and on forever and ever so i'll just shut up with the list before this starts looking like an inventory list for amazon.comWhy is there something like subcultures?because within each culture there are many different types of people and people tend to gather in groups based on common interests, so we form smaller groups within the culture which are made up of groups of people who share a common interest (such as a common interest in cyndi lauper's heart of glass video).What subculture do you preferall of them except those partaining to annoying groups like new kids on the block, vanilla ice, lfo, 98*, bsb, n*sync, etc., etc.Is there something else you'd want me to know about the 80's music ?yeah....the 80's had some of the best music ever...the cure was/is some of my favorite music...Stephen