xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bigyan

I Want To Learn Php

Hi Everyone,

Now that my mini hosting has been approved, I need to write a few scripts for my site. So now I need to know PHP thoroughly.

I know some PHP (basically from tweaking and reading other's scripts), but never had any formal reading or training in it. If you know of any good site or good ebook for learing up PHP in full, please post the hyperlink or name of the site here.

ThankX in advance.

Bigyan

There is only One good PHP tutorial, and it's exactly where you'd Least expect it........... right on PHP.Net :|

Start right here:

Chapter 10. Basic syntax

Or go here if you want to choose a language, other than english.

ThankX buddies.Hey r3d, that "apress.com" was really gr8, "A Programmer's Guide to PHP4" simply rocks. I have downloaded the whole book and have started reading it.lhunath, you as usual, have been of gr8 help. I am presently trying to download all the pages into my HDD for reading later, but my scrawler seems to find too many pages to manage (guess I'd have to rewrite it with new provisions for following up specific links only, and not bother the other links). As soon as I get hold of the whole text material, I'll start reading it. From the initial page I think it's pretty good. ThankX again to both you guys.Bigyan

ThankX marijnnn,You saved me quite a bit of trouble. This proves the old adage : "look before you leap", but here in my case, "hot blood leapt over a cold decree".Really, I should have looked around a bitb4 trying to download the sute ............ it has all started after I wrote this new web-scrawler to download and track pages.Anyway, thankX once again.Bye,Bigyan

Thanks dissipate,for posting the link. But I'm pretty comfy with the documentation from the main PHP site only.The fact is that, though there may be a hell lot of good tutorials availaible around, but they are kept in such a haphazard manner. A proper collection as in PHP groups are much more welcome.Bye,Bigyan

Bigyan, I learned PHP/MySQL programming only through tutorials... No Books, no tutors, etc... PHP, for me, is the only language that is easy to learn. Try to read all the tutorials at PHP FREAKS. You'll learn a lot just by doing so. That's how I started. I am sure you can learn the language if you really are willing to learn. If you need some quick scripts, PM me and if I have spare time, I'll do them for you. :P

Happy Learning :P

Thanks mhykhh,For your advice ; but I've already made a gr8 start from reading the documentation from the main PHP site only. I guess its the very best of the PHP tutorials out there.However, I do agree that everything cannot be learnt from reading the manual only. There's a hell lot more to PHP than that small manual. I'll definitely try to read up some tutorials from the site that u mentioned.Bye,Bigyan