xisto Community
Darren1405241470

Best Search Engine? My money is on Google

Which is the best search engine?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always used Google and I probably always will. It has all that I really want in a search engine. Is there anyone out there who dosen't like google? and if so why? I have never met anyone who has a fair problem with it. Or do I just need to get out more?

I guess it might give you better results but I don't like them because I can't help but view them as cheaters. They just use all the other search engines who put in the hard work finding the websites. I never use them and very much doubt i ever will. Another reason I can't go past google is the ever changing always amusing Google icon. It's such a work of art.

Who else but GOOGLE ?? ................. only if GOOGLE could be a bit more context specific !!I also use Yahoo Directory quite often, sites are few and are updated loosely ; but even then, the sites listed are often among the very best.

Google and Yahoo! work differently.

Google is a crawler whereas Yahoo! is a directory with keywords specification and description that do not reliable on Meta Headers or your web pages information inputs.

Someone had been sued for error in spelling of yahoo.com's company name.

It is Yahoo! not Yahoo.

Please add a ! at the end of the word Yahoo

Well thanks buddy for pointing out the spelling mistake. In future I'll keep that in mind.About Yahoo!'s directory, the only dowwn thing is that they really take some time to put up your site. If they could have made this time smaller...........Yahoo! aslo biases towards older sites ......... that's plain unfair !!

Is it true or not that if you pay for it, in Yahoo! (see, i remembered the exclaimation mark :)) and MSN you can get your search results prioritised above others, even if they get more hits and have more websites linking to them etc.Or maybe it's just google propaganda

For anyone thats wondering the link that pedro just posted is to a site where you can search with google and yahoo! at the same time side by side in the same window. Its interesting. Google is a bit faster and in my opinion has better quality sites. However that may be luck because i only searched about 4 random things.

Thanks PERDO and DARREN,Gr8 page man. I never could conceive the idea. It's basically very easy to create these pages. Now that I've got webspace and a gr8 idea, wait a while till I create the ultimate search engine comparator page !!bye,Bigyan

I dunno. Even though i know google is monopolizing the web...i still have to hand it to those guys. They created a very good search engine.

I have heard say that Microsoft will some time in the future attemp to challenge google with their own search engine. Does anyone know anything about it? I can't beleive that they could rival google but they should produce at least an ok search engine.