xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bamshad

which program is good for flash

in your choices i think the best one is flash mx. i also tried swish max and it's good and fast in creating animating text, one click text animation. i didn't tried free hand coz i have ps and illustrator, i'd use this program to import gfx to flash for a nice and cool background :)

HIi also think that the best is flashmx, because it is clearly and easy. Do you want to make flash clips for a homepage,or .....Because flash-intros take a lot of space and so 56k users do not watch this clips. if you want to make intros you can make it as a gif..greez tux

All the 3 types can create good Flash Animation.

Freehand is easy for those who are trained in Print Media.

Swish are for those who is keen in animation but know little about it.

Macromedia Flash are for experience users who know what they want.

Macromedia Flash MX is a very powerful, top of the range program and like most of them (eg. Photoshop) are fairly hard to get started with, but in the right hands can produce amazing pieces of work. On the other hand, SwishMAX is a hell of a lot cheaper, very easy to use, and can still produce impressive animations. If you're going to use it seriously (ie. for work), then I would definately go for Flash. If you're on a limited budget though, and you're only going to mess around with it, get Swish.

Macromedia Flash is the only Flash development program I would ever consider working with. Cheap, easy alternatives such as SWISH are ok for very basic, boring animations - but it is infinately slower than Flash, and produces jerky and unclean animations.

I would also suggest flash for more serious work it produces professional results in comparison if you know what you're doing. I know a free trial download is available for like 30 days at http://www.adobe.com/ and you can also access tutorials and sample programs made with flash. Although depending on what you really need to do, since you didn't really specify, you may not even need flash - you may need something all together different.

Macromedia Flash is not a difficult program to learn with a little patience and the right tutorials (the ones included with the program are great to begin with). The results that can be achieved using the software, however, are much greater (exponentially, I'd say) than using swish and/or freehand.Freehand is a simple vector graphics tool, which, while being useful for graphics design, is not ideal for developing flash movies. I believe small animations and roll-over effects can be made in either SWF or GIF form, but it is definitely not the right choice.Swish is good for simple text effects that look DECENT when mixed in with a better flash movie. The text effects, if used alone, look highly amatuer and is not meant for any serious graphics designer.Macromedia Flash MX and even the previous versions of Flash allow for beginners to adapt quickly and effeciently, while providing highly advanced features (ie actionscripting) for the veteran users.I hope that helps.- MoNJiMaTiC Freelance Designer

Definately Flash MX, it's just better.

easy

Why?

I have been animating with Flash for over a few years now (i guess i started somewhere in 2000) and tried some other prgms. But compared to flash, they just, well, sucked. I must admit that i don't know of freehand, but with swish, it's like this guy before me said:

Swish is good for simple text effects that look DECENT when mixed in with a better flash movie. The text effects, if used alone, look highly amatuer and is not meant for any serious graphics designer.

Furthermore, the ppl of flash have years and years of experience in software developing, so I'd think they know what they are doing :)

i'm sure this is already mentioned by one of the posts above me...but i think that each is good at different things. Swish is excellent for animation but only allows only basic coding. Flash MX makes it somewhat difficult for detailed animation and such, but is effective at advanced coding. Never tried Free-hand so i can't say how that application stacks up with the other two =P