xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
r3d1405241470

what language do u use? in creating games?

choices are:  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For game programming, C++, of course, but Java is my fav language. Not as amasing in performance as C(++), though.

The first game i made was in Delphi, it was a kinda complex version of Hangman, this did not invlove any animation though, next i had to use Visual Basic for an assignment at college i found it to be an OK language, however it cannot beat the power of Delphi :)Delphi all the way. VB and C++ come in a close second and third respectivly.

I use java. Actually, that's all I know. I've considered learning some of the other languages but backed out before I started. Too lazy to learn anythin else =P

Well I am using Blitz3D whish uses a modified version of Basic , with of course branded commands and functions ..it's really as BASIC as it could gets , because it's already a 3D engine , so almost half of your hard work is already done for you ... it's as simple as If Keydown(up_key)MoveEntity CAR,0,0,0.1Endifthis line of code moves the entity CAR if the up key is pressed with a 0.1 Velocity in the Z direction .and so on ..

I don't do any games programming myself, but the "standard language" to use (if there is such a thing) is C++. I never really got the hang of it, so I gave up and went for simpler things like html! Don't underestimate java though - runescape was written in that!

Hey Guys,It's C++ for me on Game programming. You can never beat C++ on that front. It's such a gr8 language. With the many free OpenGL libraries availaible, who nees any thing else !!Bye,Bigyan