xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Astahost hosting manual Where to find?

HiI've finaly got my starterpackage, but have a couple of questions to get started.1. Do there exist an manual for Xisto hosting service? Where can I find it?2. My first problem was to set up pop3 at my e-mail client, where can I find the adresses for pop3 server and smpt server.3. To upload files. Is it possible to upload it as zipped and unzip at the server?I might have more questions as this is my first really proff hosting account, therefor if there is an manual (not just faq), then please help me to find it.ThanksBrgdsJens

Do there exist an manual for Xisto hosting service? Where can I find it?

- http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

My first problem was to set up pop3 at my e-mail client, where can I find the adresses for pop3 server and smpt server

- Ex. mail.hotmail.com

To upload files. Is it possible to upload it as zipped and unzip at the server?

- you must post morethan 50 post then you will get a account to upload.

Royter, I appreciate your help but you're a little incorrect here.

For one, yes, you have a pop3 server available here, it's just "mail.astahost.com" (mail.hotmail.com isn't even a pop server as hotmail doesn't work with pop). SMTP server I'm not sure, as I can't reach it. It's blocked outbound by my ISP and might be the same case for you. Which is why you should use your ISP's SMTP server instead. It doesn't matter what Email address you use an SMTP server for. You can use any email adress with any smtp server. (This only sends mail, though, not receives, that's POP).

And, yes, you can upload ZIP files and then unzip them on the server with the file manager. :)

All the settings like email, forwards, redirects, spam assasin, ftp, filemanager, subdomains, parked domains etc.. can be configured from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I really do not have time these days and hence I am unable to contribute at my own forums .. besides I got around 8-10 sites and some sites which I partially manage.

I hope all the members are well aware of the cpanel. It has the most userfriendly interface and I dont think anyone should have problems using it.