xisto Community
rhammadkhan

OpenGL How the OpenGL Fascilitates Animation

EveryOne knows openGL - a free Library.I'm working on a Machine Translation Prject; From English toSign Language for deaf. it needs to have a character modelled in it. Can anyone tell plz.how to make it? better to model it in OpenGL or make character in 3DsMax etc.?please reply quicklyadios

well first of all congratulations for the work that you're doing.

really I'dont understand your question because Opengl it's not a program, is a library of shapes and forms and it's is used to represent graphcs in computers. If you want to modeling a 3d character of course 3dmax it's a good option but I recommend to try POSER, It's a 3D character design tool and easily create 3D figures from ready-to-use human and animal models. For realism map facial photos, grow and style dynamic hair, or add dynamic cloth that flows. Quickly output movies and images for use in any project. Poser 5 is easy to master and affordable, yet rich in professional features.

http://my.smithmicro.com/index.html?/poser5

Greets Deivid

EveryOne knows openGL - a free Library.

I'm working on a Machine Translation Prject; From English to

Sign Language for deaf.

it needs to have a character modelled in it. Can anyone tell plz.

how to make it? better to model it in OpenGL or make character in 3DsMax etc.?

please reply quickly

adios

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I understand you correctly you want to make a character, a sort of person who stands there and makes all the signs that read the user whatever the screen displays? If so, then I'd say you're best of just using one of Microsoft's Agents.

You can model your own and give them guestures, which you can then with it's API execute. I think you'll find them to be the best solution for what you're attempting.

Writing an entire OpenGl application for this is great but not advicable. It's pointless reinventing the wheel, and it would only needlessly slow down your project, or even make it come to a stop, since writing OpenGl applications isn't easy if you never have before.

Good Luck.

I recommend to try POSER, It's a 3D character design tool and easily create 3D figures from ready-to-use human and animal models.

Poser is more for making animations in video files, not for real time 3d rendering... Poser models have waay too many polygons to do anything like that. I've tried it before. I exported a figure to use in a 3d game engine, and the program just couldn't handle it.

EveryOne knows openGL - a free Library.

I'm working on a Machine Translation Prject; From English to

Sign Language for deaf.

it needs to have a character modelled in it. Can anyone tell plz.

how to make it? better to model it in OpenGL or make character in 3DsMax etc.?

please reply quickly

adios

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Programmable shading - With the new release, both OpenGL Shading Language and its APIs are now core features of OpenGL. New functionality includes the ability to create shader and program objects; and the ability to write vertex and fragment shaders in OpenGL Shading Language.

Multiple render targets that enable programmable shaders to write different values to multiple output buffers in a single pass.

Non-power-of-two textures for all texture targets, thereby supporting rectangular textures and reducing memory consumption.

Two-sided stencil with the ability to define stencil functionality for the front and back faces of primitives, improving performance of shadow volume and constructive solid geometry rendering algorithms.

Point sprites which replace point texture coordinates with texture coordinates interpolated across the point. This allows drawing points as customized textures, useful for particle systems.

well.. have just read about 3dstudo max poser and lightwava 3d but not ever modeled with it.I make small things just using quadretic objects of GLUT. SO if u just want to demonstratte, Go with squares and cylinders hope it'll work/