xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penner

ftp trouble

I cannot get directory list through fetch. Have no problem connecting to any other site. Am using router/have tried pasv checked and unchecked and many variations of internet config, etc. Transcript follows:Connecting to ftp.southernmoon.com port 21 (9/9/04 10:14:47 AM)220 Microsoft FTP ServiceADAT500 'ADAT This command is checking whether this server supports Kerberos or GSS security, see RFC 2228': command not understoodUSER southernmoon331 Password required for southernmoon.PASS230 User southernmoon logged in.SYST215 Windows_NTPWD257 "/southernmoon" is current directory.MACB ENABLE500 'MACB ENABLE': command not understoodSITE DIRSTYLE200 MSDOS-like directory output is offPWD257 "/southernmoon" is current directory.PWD257 "/southernmoon" is current directory.PASV227 Entering Passive Mode (69,56,168,190,16,192).LIST425 Can't open data connection.ftp_list: -30000 (state == GETTING_LIST)

Used Fetch for years. Now MS Server upgrade means:I can connect and get files (though I never see the files in the connect window)I can delete folders or files (though I never see the files in the connect window)I cannot upload either file, folder, or both. I never see the files and the access (the same as connect??) is deniedHere is transcript of transaction:Fetch 4.0.3 System 0x1035 Serial FETCHFL001-92W3-K4N5 TRConnecting to tholian.smsu.edu port 21 (9/23/04 1:20:12 PM)220 tholian Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).USER copper/map226f331 Password required for copper/map226f.PASS230 User copper/map226f logged in.SYST215 Windows_NT version 5.0PWD257 "/" is current directory.MACB ENABLE500 'MACB ENABLE': command not understoodSITE DIRSTYLE200 MSDOS-like directory output is offPWD257 "/" is current directory.TYPE I200 Type set to I.PASV227 Entering Passive Mode (146,7,7,97,4,44).STOR logofront.jpg550 logofront.jpg: Access is denied. ftp_store_setup: -30000 (state == RPUT_SETTING_UP)ABOR225 ABOR command successful.PWD257 "/" is current directory.

tux_linux,
Can you give us the User Priveleges of the current folder (/), and the activity log of when you connect to the server with another client should it work with another to compare?
penner,
You wouldn't happen to have any ports blocked outbound? Does it work with another FTP Client? Should you have SFTP/SCP access, try using that (windows: WinSCP)