xisto Community
yasir

Mozilla Firefox Poll Give your view about the FireFox browser

Hey guys,Lemme know what you think abou the Mozilla Firefox browser.I personally think it out runs Microsoft Internet Explorer mainly cos of the convenience of having all the windows in one main window, plus enhanced security features.What do you think?Cheers!Yasir :D

Isn't this kind of in the wrong place?Anyway, Firefox is great in my opinion. I find that web pages load much faster when i use Firefox. I don't know if this is the same for everyone, but it is definately the case for me.I would vote Firefox over anything. :D

Not only that, but tabbed browsing is a miracle. The themes, the extensions, the security...it's all wonderful. And true...a post about Firefox should be in the Internet forum, not the Gaming forum. But I'm not nitpicky :0

I love it, I couldn't work without it. I just reinstalled windows XP Pro yesterday, and while waiting to redownload my saved files from my home network main computer, i had about 1 hour of time without any of my games, and only IE.even though I had the firefox installer in my documents, whicih was being sent over, I couldn't stand using IE and had to in turn download firefox without waiting the 30 minutes - 1 hour. IE was just as I remembered it: craptastic. I think it looks ugly, too many popups, and most of all I HATE those "Do you want to trust this content from this company?" popup ads, they piss me off, especialy when i accidently hit "Yes" once, and it remembered my decision so I got hella lot of spyware. FF >>>>>...>>>>>> IEFF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>> AllOnly thing that comes remotely close is safari.

I felt the same way. I got a load of spyware from those popups. They even bypassed my google toolbar. And there was no censor on some of them. It was a horrible experience. If I had a mac, I would get Safari without a second thought. I hate all the sites that say at the bottom of their webpage, "Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer v.6.0 to enter". By then, it's not worth it anymore.

I used IE for so long before finding firefox. it rocks not to have 20 or 30 windows open at the same time. security is a hell of a lot better. even with tweaks, though, it takes forever to load. however, this is more than counterbalanced by the speed with which it loads pages. also, keeps pages in memory, unlike IE, so when you hit the back button, no waiting for those stupid images to load once again. :D

I hope Mozilla will become as popular as Explorer and people realize that is much better browser... and safer and faster like the advertisement banners say.The only thing Microsoft does is copying in each new version more features of Firefox. I bet the next version will include "tabs" which is the better point of Firefox browser. Having 20 opened windows is very stressing.When free source software has better quality than paid, means that a company is not doing his work well.

MS got lazy when they overtook Netscape and had no real competition. For years, IE has changed so very little. Safari changed everything for Mac with tabbed browsing, a built-in pop-up blocker and search bar. Firefox brought those changes to PC, and it's about time. Wonder how long before we see Safari for PC?

Instead of giving answer to this thread the first thing which comes in my mind is what is this post doing in Gamers Arena.I have written many times that moderators(There are a lot of) are not doing their job here. But no effect so far.

well this is surely in the wrong forum. and also, if you actually did look in the internet section, there are already threads about this topic with lots of responses. this is more like spam.
if you want to see what people think go here: firefox vs IE

fire fox is great but as much as most people would hate to agree, the microsoft internet explorer is still the best, well coz i usually find myself with heavy load trying to debug my scripts that work welll in interenet exploret to work with firefox and netscape the two of them jus work the same, i think microsoft should let us in on their seceret coz sometimes its jus plain annoying trying to figure out why your damn page wont show up on the page...

Currently using Opera 8 build 7561, best browser I have. Better than Firefox and IE! Opera runs webpages as well as I can imagine and it's tabbed and fast. Yeah, it has ads, but only a little 2 lines of text, and sometimes they are replaced by a user-contributed Opera tip!

Hey cool poll! I know Fire Fox is the best! :blink: I mean you get all the feature you'll ever need to surf the net all in one and for free! Best of all the setup file isn't that big at all! :) Anybody who has used firefox know that it's the best! come on no browser can mach up to its graphical GUI! :ph34r: It's just plain cooooooool! Best of all firefox is the best and safest around! I've being using this brower for 2 years now and not a single spyware or virus was able to get into my pc! :P GREAT WORK FIRE FOX KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK :P HEY DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST VERSIONS OF FIREFOX AT mozilla.com