xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. :)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Google!

Simply because..Google is more credible. Results of google are based on algorithm. Its more accurate, relevant, faster and Google frequently reindex sites.

http://www.akamarketing.com/google-ranking-tips.html

Google is by far the most popular search engine available today for both ordinary surfers and webmasters alike. Surfers like it because of the highly relevant results it gives and the speed at which it delivers them. This is due to its complex text matching algorithm and of course the Pagerank? system that this engine uses. More on the Pagerank? system later.
Google is popular with webmasters and Internet marketing companies due to the highly workable ranking system it uses.

Unlike other engines where information about how the results are obtained are sketchy at best, Google actually publishes information on its site about the results it produces. Hence webmasters have things they can do to produce higher rankings.

And I like Google's simplicity. It supports lots of languages. And submissions are free, rankings are based on algorithm. I dont like the "pay to have a higher rank" practice of Inktomi+Yahoo+Overture etc.. and Lycos.

Google is the most powerfull search engine but somethimes when it shows me thousands of results it is absolutely crazy unreal to find just what you want. For more concrete results I use hotbot engine.

Yeah google is the most powerfull search engine for now, they've gmail, for me the best webmail, and now they are developing a browser... maybe in a near future google can provide us a goggle OS :) .But also google is not just only a search engine... it's a calculator :) type in search box: 32121+12145 and press search ... and a metric conversion tool tootype in search box: 64 feet in meters .... you don't know the answer google knows ...Greets Deivid

Google.com, if I don't get the results I want, I use yahoo.com.I used to use altavista.com but I think i'm contented with the results that google give me. Everytime I come looking for something, I always use google.com.

of course google.combut there is a specific format to enter the key words in search box by which you can reach your destination 10 times faster..always enter the words in double cotes if u want those words to follow same order i.e; a phraseeg: "free download"just put a negetive sign before a word if you dont want a topic relating to thateg: -advertisementif u want to use atleast one word use OReg "free download" OR "trial edition"if u still want more options u can try advanced serch at google.com but never forget these simple and powerful punctuation.other than google meand it is AltaVista.com and next comes yahoo.com or lycos.com

i use google for most of my search(esp when i search using english)... but yahoo china/taiwan/hongkong or the orignal for some search (esp when i search using chinese)...

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. :)

1064276466[/snapback]

I use Google! I`ts the best!

Google, because it is the best. The google toolbar integrated with all of my browsers. It came inbuilt with Opera and i downloaded one for IE.I really like it very much, if I want to search anything related to any topic I would prefer only google.

a9.com, it searches using all of the major (9) search engines, including Google.When I want more accurate results, I type in the coding into the address bar of Google (saves time as apposed to using advanced feature).

Pffht, is there any reason to discuss this?! Google, of course; it is simply the best search engine out there - and it shows.

Well, I've also been using a bit of BrainBoost, too; it's a new type of search engine that uses AI to find suitable answers to your questions.

Go here to check it out, http://www.answers.com/topic/brainboost-1.

There you are,

HTML_Guru