xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

Ripping DVD's in linux

You only need install K3b 0.11.7 when all your plugins.

Then you install this program, open it and go to option tools and codifying video.

You can canvert the dvd in avi.

this is screenshut to view K3B:

http://www.radikalsoft.bravehost.com/img/K3B.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if anyone knows how to do the oppisite.. convert an AVI to a VCD id be greatfull.

ive folled lost of tutorials... but often after hours of converting, i end up with somthign gone wrong.. like a missing audio stream or far too few FPS.

If you want to convert Avi to VCD the most ease tool if I have, is nero in windows. I have a colection of 93 movies in vcd's and I make it only in nero. the time per movie is 2 hours. But I don't know how I can do this in linux only ripping dvd's.

You only need install K3b 0.11.7 when all your plugins.

Then you install this program, open it and go to option tools and codifying video.

You can canvert the dvd in avi.

this is screenshut to view K3B:

http://www.radikalsoft.bravehost.com/img/K3B.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry, but I do not really understand what this post is about. What is "ripping" a DVD? Do you mean copying it to your computer or something like that? That seems like it would take up a lot of memory. Can you explain this a little more? :rolleyes: