xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

The New Windows Longhorn These is the most graphic windows.

This windows is the but powerful graphic soften. Its tools and its programs to be the but beautiful by its advanced graphic.I have a beta version and i don't do to work this because my computer only have 512Ram, 2.4 Athlon. this operative system need 1GB of ram and 3.2GH of procesor to work good. I don't recomended this system because is bad, don't work good.

i don't know about u and i did not try it yet but my friend who already try it says that the longhorn is the best operating system ever....!!!! :) i think because you had a beta edition it does not works good with you, or maybe my friend is wrong. :)

at the moment, there are only betas, so your friend has a beta too. and then the options are:-he has an incredible good computer-he doesn't mind about his computer getting all slow and loves the animations and decorations and stuff :)either way, i'm waiting 'till they release it for real and make my judgement then.doom3 beta was running really bad on my laptop, but the offical release runs like a charm. there's a reason why they call it beta: a lot of bad (temporary) code uses way too much resources. when they fix it, the system requirements will be lower. at least, i hope so, or i think it'll be a bad move of ms

From what I have seen of longhorn, I'm not that excited. I took one look at a screenshot of the desktop, and it looked way too over-cluttered. I have not yet used longhorn myself. I do use Windows, but I much prefer linux.

I'm doubting anyone would, but could anyone put up any screenshots of the OS in action? I'm very interested in some of the features they're putting into this. If not, are there any screenshots on the net yet?Also, how's the File System working? I heard they made something different. Is it better or worse to use compared to their previous file systems?

well, it's much more safe concerning security & data loss.but longhorn isn't working with winfs yet, because they had some problems during the devellopment. so it's postponed. first, they'll release longhorn, and then a year or so later, they'll release a new version with winfs filesystem. but if you already have longhorn, you'll be able to download a windows update so you can use winfs.like nfts, every file will use more space than the actual size of the file, just to store some extra properties like passwords and stuff.

one thing you gotta admit...Microsoft is definatly leading the world in the search for the *perfect* shade of blue.and thats all i noticed afrom the longhorns screen shots... its a DIFFERENT shade of blue.thats all that seems to chanmge...windows 9X... blue.2K softer blueXP darker blue.Longhorn.. darker still blue.i wonder how many designers worked for how many hours to create the perfect shade of blue ?and why doesnt the desktop Blue match the BSOD blue ?and has MS patented that shade of blue yet ? or has IBM patented blue ?

Hmmm? Too much expectation of this release of Windows, still a long wait though... I've read so much of this thing in the internet, hope they don't overestimate it, it would become quite a disappointment if it doesn't equal the consumers' expectations.

This windows is the but powerful graphic soften. Its tools and its programs to be the but beautiful by its advanced graphic.

I have a beta version and i don't do to work this because my computer only have 512Ram, 2.4 Athlon. this operative system need 1GB of ram and 3.2GH of procesor to work good. I don't recomended this system because is bad, don't work good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My experience with the long horn is not very good...

I installed it and it halted my 1.3 GHz.

not a good experience and i wonder if someone says that its good

thnx

ok, what you installed was a BETA versionit's normal that it still has flaws. actually, it's not legal that you have it, so don't wine about it not working.wait to judge about it until the official release comes out.as i said before: doom 3 beta: very slow, needed a lot of resourcesofficial release: much better, a lot less resources needed.cheers

I've seen a beta of this OS, it looks gr8 even better than XP and comparable to MAC. But the thing is that, it runs steadily only in a 3.6GigHz Athlon FX 64 Ultra !!

1. Longhorn code still needs to be optimised (Fixed so it works on slower machines)2. Looks great, over cluttering WHERE?3. Blue very nice but i like black better or green4. BETA is an test release non-official non fully worjking release so give it a break.