xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

As to do that windows xp charge but faster. I now to make Windows Xp boot faster.

Go to start - executing command. Write "msconfig". Go to start in the new window and it removes everything that this I check. Reboot the System.

Go to start - executing command. Write "msconfig". Go to start in the new window and it removes everything that this I check. Reboot the System.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some people may need the services that automatically exucute on bootup.

only uncheck them if you know what you are doing.

Don't worry I have 4 years making that. If you don't have services as mysql , php or anothers. if you have this service don't uncheck it.

True, true, true! You don't just go unchecking stuff in Startup. You might be disabling some drivers that important programs use. You have to know what you're doing. Meaning, that you should know which programs or files you should disable in the startup. Better to ask first before you do any unchecking or disabling in the Startup area. :)

MSConfig is a horrible way to do that..

Either do it in registry editor yourself, manually, or get a decent tool like Sysinternals' Autoruns

MSConfig copies your entire run sections to run- ones, then copies back those that u want to have running. It's a horrible way for permanent things. It's only to be used to diagnose your system and see which autoruns cause problems when u have some. Which is exactly why it will tell you that you're booting in diagnostics mode after the first time you set that. Sure, you can make it stop saying that, but you'll still be in diagnostics mode, and it's a terrible habit to do things this way. It only just increases the general chaos of stuff. We want them to stay as simple and orderly as they can.

By the way, it's really silly to be advicing this to just the general public, because if you don't know what you're doing, you might really break alot of things about your system's working this way. This is a method only professionals should be using. If you really want to speed things up in Windows XP, there are far better ways. For example, set the Prefetch mode to boot only. Or using a tool like Microsoft's BootVis to optimise the boot process :

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/