xisto Community
jamesleon

The Lord of the Rings What do you think of this trilogy

Please vote for these movie  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOTR I think is the best series ever put out. You have to think back.. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm street... I am SO glad those ended.. or have they? LOL But LOTR is the type of movie I would LOVE to see another continuance of ^_^

yes it's best trilogy, good plot, good View of the movie. But book! Do you read the Lord of the Rings - J.Tolkien ? I thing that every one whos wants to see LoTR movie MUST read book. I am sure that plot of LoTR in the film not same that in the book. I dont like spare my time to the book, but when I begin reading LoTR... I was wondered ... How the book may be so interesting!!! And I say the book is common, the film is neccesary. Thanks...

I have never read the books, but when I saw the movies, I was amazed with the story and the quality of the graphics. I mean If I had read the books first, I would have a better understanding of the elements contained. But that's because I never saw the extended versions of the films.

Personally i loved the "Lord of the Rings" and believe it or not i cried at the ending of "Return of the King" the movies were so long and had given you the ability to get attached to the characters. So in the end when Froto takes off with "Gandelf" i was blubbering like crazey. :) I tried reading one of the books. "A Hobbits tale?" although i could be wrong on the name. I think i got maybe into the second chapter when i gave up on it. I just couldnt stay focused on it. :)

Personally  i loved the "Lord of the Rings" and believe it or not i cried at the ending of "Return of the King" the movies were so long and had given you the ability to get attached to the characters. So in the end when Froto takes off with "Gandelf" i was blubbering like crazey. :)

I tried reading one of the books.  "A Hobbits tale?" although i could be wrong  on the name. I think i got maybe into the second chapter when i gave up on it. I just couldnt stay focused on it. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is the prequel called "The Hobbit" so thats probably what you're thinking of. It gives a good background to the whole deal about "The Rings" and how they came to be. The main charachter is Bilbo Baggins, Frodo's uncle I believe.

The Lord of The Rings movies and books are awesome. The books are best, though, but Peter Jackson did an amazing job. The effects, costumes and scenery in the film was brilliant, though a film never can replace the magic in the book :) I like the triology better than The Hobbit and Silmarillion.

I really like Lord of the Rings :) I have all three, but not the extended versions -.- I tried reading the books...I read the first one and I started on the second, but I couldn't get through them...I don't really like verbose books all that much, so in my opinion, I like the movies better than the books.But, I liked The Hobbit. It wasn't extremely verbose, so I liked the book :P

yes it's best trilogy, good plot, good View of the movie. But book! Do you read the Lord of the Rings - J.Tolkien ? I thing that every one whos wants to see LoTR movie MUST read book. I am sure that plot of LoTR in the film not same that in the book. I dont like spare my time to the book, but when I begin reading LoTR... I was wondered ... How the book may be so interesting!!! And I say the book is common, the film is neccesary. Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's amazing how similar the plots are in both the book and the movies.. but the films are more interesting than the books(can i say that?) b/c of the amazing graphics and excitement [& the hott guys:)]...i found the book kinda boring to be honest..

When I was in 6th grade I first picked up The Hobbit and read it. The first couple of chapters were slow but after that it was an absolutely amazing tale. Once I finished The Hobbit, I discovered the Lord of the Rings trilogy and was instantly hooked. I read all three books within the next couple of weeks. A few years ago when I saw that they wre making the movies, it was like a dream come true. Almost everything in the movies were just how I had imagined it so naturally I became a big fan of the movies. The only part of the movies I didn't like was the fact that they had to leave so much out because of lack of time. Even the extended editions are missing alot. But you can only cram so much into a movie. If you enjoyed the films then you must go read the books. I can't wait until Hobbit the movie comes out.

I reread the Lord of the Rings every few years so I know the story inside and out. That maybe one reason I don't mind the deviations from the book. It is like seeing an new variation on the old vampire theme seeing a new interpretation breathes new life into the story. Stories told by different people about the same event are supposed to be different. I liked the development of the character of Arwen who is practically a nobody in the book.My one regret is that the movie wasted time on the story of the Gray Havens at the end and skipped the hobbit's reconquest of the Shire and the final end of Saruman, which was far more interesting. But I suppose the Gray Havens choice was consistent with the movies' thematic focus on the rings of power (although it did not reveal, like the book did, who held the other two elven rings) and makes it possible to say the movie ends exactly the same as the book.By the way, what do think about my own how shall a call it (theory or addenum or rational) about why and when Gandalf is wearing the third elven ring? I think he was given it after his battle with the Balrog. The most likely original location of that ring would be the Gray Havens. What do you think?