xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

Digital Cameras

Hi, i want to buy a digital camera for my pc. What you reccomend in a price accesible??I like the sony cibershot?? do you have any to reccomend??Thanks!!!

well i suggest that you buy a digital camera which has the minimun 3.3 megapixels so you can have something to wokr on but obviously it would be best if you ahve the 6 megapixels one with 4 times zoom or something like that.

i want a simply camera, only for takes photos for fun or fur put into pages, etc, but i want a camera that take no little pictures and have a display to view this.

It depends on what type of Operating System you are running too. Some digital cameras can't run on certain operating systems.If you are looking for something that takes photos for fun or jsut want to explore the digital camera world., I suggest you get a cheap generic digital camera from your neighbourhood computer hardware store. In Singapore, this usually costs around SGD$15 to SGD$30. From your post, I can infer that you have never owned a digital camera before? Or you are not too 'into' the world of digital cameras? You should do some research on your needs (such as classy designs) and your wants(certain functions that yo umay need) to add to your critera list. You should make a critera list before you go shopping.Finally, don't believe the salesperson 100%. He may not be wrong, but most sales people tend to 'tell you the good and hide the bad'. Make sure you do alot alot of research, by going into digital camera forums, asking them aobut it, ask your friends, go to the company's website....-Shackman

Going off my experience with my camera. I have an Olympus Stylus 300. Weatherproof, up to 12x zoom (3x optical, 4x digital), etc. blah, blah. It's a 3.2 mp camera, and does more than what I need it to, but it's always nice to have it there. It's an all-around good camera. Great for outing with friends (amusement parks, beach, etc.), and everything else.Just a suggestion.

Thanks Shackman!!! (and other people) You really help me!!!Its true, i not yet into the world of digital cameras, now i exploring the web to get more information. u$s 15?? i want to go to singapore!!! in argentine the prices are too high, u$s 7 aprox cost the film for the other cameras!!! (not digital).Thanks for the help!!!

Hi,
I went into the world of Digital cameras last year. I bought a Sony with 2 Megapixels camera with digital zoom (that is the worst thing about it). I am really happy with it and it satisfies all my necesities. Fun photos and photos for my web pages are all what i need. I want to recommend you a review cameras web site. In my opinion is the best out there and for sure you can obtain independent idea about the product before buying it. I bought my camera in Internet. For sure the cheapest possibility.
The site is: dpreview
I hope it is useful for you

one of my friends got a 5.1mp sony from ebay for $70!! I dunno how he finds these deals, he also had an iPaq pda for $150 (and these are CAN$)Go for two batteries, something more than 2.1mp and optionally with optical zoom if you really fancy good photographs. I have a 2.1mp Canon Powershot and the quality is pretty good, although the charging the flash time is long because it is 2 batteries.

ohhh,sony cibershot is a great one i have seen and i' v got one.it's very eary to connect with pc bu usb interface.by the way,u should think over the brand canno & olympas . :(

how about Leica-Panasonic. i love that lens beside nikkor from nikon. the riority.. 1st-lens, ?xoptical zoom and short/far focus u prefer, then 2nd-digital feature such speed-zoom-etc.

Canon is supposed to be the best. I ahve a Sony Cybershot, it is ok, but I learnt about Canon quite late.

Read this:

Canon camcorders consistently produce good images, not because they put a bunch of gadgety features in their camcorders (visa vi Sony) but because they are experts at making lenses. A side-note regarding Canon camcorders, is product differentiation. Every other major camcorder manufacturer, with the exception of Sharp, has a high-end professional line. Sony, Panasonic, JVC all make camcorders that sell upwards of $30,000. Sony even has a half million dollar model which the recent Star Wars movies was shot on (I bumped into it at a show once, that was a scary moment). You would think that because these manufacturers have experience making high end professional camcorders, the things they learn from the pros would seep into their consumers lines - the opposite is true. Sony, JVC and Panasonic all have very high quality camcorders in the $3,000 - $5,000 range. Those camcorders include software features and other technologies which could easily be integrated into the consumer line - however doing so, would seriously jeopardize the marketability of those pro models.

Sony, Panasonic and JVC actually have an incentive to keep quality features out of their consumer lines - protecting the sales of their high end lines. Sony is possibly the worst offender, leaving off manual control features on their consumer camcorders, which could be put in for probably $5, forcing people who want to tweak their image to buy the $1,800 or $2,500 Sony model.

JVC has one of the most obvious cases of leaving off good features to create product differentiation with the GR-HD1 and JY-HD10U. The GR-HD1 and the JY-HD10U are virtually identical camcorders except for two things, the JY-HD10U, a professional model which costs $500 more, includes XLR inputs and easier to use manual control. The GR-HD1, which at $3,000 is a serious investment, contains the same manual control options as the $300 JVC GR-D30. JVC intentionally left the better, more professional manual control off the GR-HD1 so users would be forced to spend an extra $500 to get the JY-HD10U - it's almost offensive considering that the difference is all in computer software which could be installed for next to nothing.

Canon, doesn't really have a 'pro' line. They have two high end camcorders, the GL2 and the XL1S which are used in professional shooting situations, but those models go for under $2,000 and around $4,000 respectively. Canon throws all kinds of great features on the GL2 and XL1S to make them great camcorders with outstanding normal and low light performance. Unlike the other manufacturer's, Canon doesn't have a reason to leave a feature off and put it on a high-end, more expensive camcorder. If Canon has an idea on how to make a better camcorder, they put it on the GL2 and XL1S without any worry of hurting their pro-line.

Taken with their quality lens production, Canon can teach us, and the other manufacturers some important lessons on how to make a great camcorder.

just to give you an info, my uncle has a 6 megapixel cam, he can take videos, color pictures, black 'n white pictures, etc. He told me he paid it 700 canadian dollars...