xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LuKrAsHa

Windows or Linux

All me life I've used windows systems, since win 1.0 (if somebody wants I have it :) ), so to me is very dificult move to another system almost completely diferent, for that I vote for winxp because for my point of view winxp is more friedly and functional.Well in security it have serious weakness, just only to have always checking updates for security patches. Another reason is I have a capture card, I work with that and the card didn't have drivers for linux.

well, if you want to use asp or asp.net, i'd go for windowsif you want to use php, i'd go for apache instead of the built in iis of windows. and apache works best & safest on linux, so then i'd go for linux.if you don't want to use php or asp(.net), i'd go for linux too because apache is just better than iis.

Linux family OS are the best server and can do everything, Asp too :) if you use it /docs/about-mono/

or the old Apache::ASp that allow to use Asp(.net) on a Unix Box :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep... this is a No-brainer.......

here's a list of server OS's, from Most reliable and stable... to the worst.

FreeBSD / Unix....Linux...................................................................

.............................................Windows.

I run a Linux server with all the usual security.. im my logs i often find windows specific exploit attempts, and only very rarely find linuc exploit attempts.. and when i do, they are for very old out of date servers.

this doesnt deccecerily mean that all the windows hack attempts would suceed.... but still.

ALSO.. keeping up to date is important.. may i recomend Gentoo.... its the most famous Linux distro for BLEEDING edge software.

most of linux or unix are servers, I think they will be more stable. . .personally, I use windows and run servers software, because windows are more popular. . . .usefulbut linux/ unix sucks, you can do anything with them, so I like windows more.

There is no general answer to this question. It depends on what do you want to use OS to. Server - Linux, Desktop - WinXP or Linux (with KDE or Gnome it is really easy to use this system). Besides Linux is totally free :).

Yeah, linux all the way, linux servers can be left on for months without restarting while windows server can be only left on for a couple of weeks without restarting, i have that problem at work on our win2000 server.