xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andipa

FTP Upload

1) download smartftp (https://www.smartftp.com/, free and very good)2) install it 3) open it and when it asks a lot of things, just press cancel or ok4) in the 'server' field, enter ftp.youraccountname.astahost.comport: 21, username = again youraccountname, password = the one you got or you changed it into.4) press enter or the connect button. now on the left side, you have your remote folder system. your website goes in the 'www'"you can add more ftp accounts in the cpanel (other ftp accounts : another username & password. you can give them different rights. for example: they can only change some folders...)

1)Download FTP Program, I use SmartFTP, you can download it from Download.com 2)Put Your Name in Login, Your Password, and for port its usually21. 3)Press Enter 4)Go To Html Folder 5)Now on a empty screen Right Click and select upload >Direct>Select Files. 6)You are Done. :PThat is the easiest process :P

This is for LeapFTP:

Go to http://www.leapware.com/ and download the lastest ver of LeapFTP. Install it in your PC.

Run LeapFTP and type your account into the following fields:

FTP Server: ftp.youraccount.astahost.com (if you use Asta hosting service)
User: your account name (provided by Asta Admin)
Pass: your password.

It's done. You're connected !

For uploading or downloading, just drag and drop like in windows.

IBProarcade can be complicated to install, I installed it once before, but it took awhile, if you need any help with installing IPB modules PM me and I will be able to assist you in my spare time. Also...CoreFTP is very easy to use, as SmartFTP may be a little confusing when you first get it, but for IPB modules you will need SmartFTP or a similar program to CHMOD certain files, mostly needed for installing IBStore, IBProArcade, and you need to CHMOD some files to export more skins.

Never use TURBO ftp to uplaod ur files especially images. Images will appear blurred in ur webpages. I recommend use Cuteftp or Ws_ftp.They r the best avail..

Use Ws_ftp its one of the best free programs out there but other programs also work that come built in...for example dreamweaver has a built in ftp programt hat will allow you to upload anything onto your website and its quite easy. You could also you windows 98 and up, i think it was, built in ftp program. It's simple, but at times can be a real piss off. It's good to use though if programs like cute ftp are causing you headaches and errors a mille long.And for the question about ipb proacrade yes you can upload that with a program but you'll have to install it manualy ftp programs don't install... just upload and download :P