xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andipa

DB Maximum

HI! I have the same problem!!!I'm quite new to mysql and wanted to transfer my website to a webserver on which I can use PHP and also mysql. My current plain html website has been up for 2 years and has 356 html pages (average size 10kb). One of the main things that I want from the new website is the storing of each page's textual content within the database. Seeing as in 2 years time I may have 800 web pages, am I likely to get by with 1 mysql database from my web host or do I need more? I will probably store images in it aswell. At the moment I have about 350 1kb-15kb jpeg images. This is likely to double in 2 years as well. Basically I don't understand the maximum capacities of mysql databases etc. Can anyone give me any advice in deciding how many databases I could need and the reasons behind it please.

Any MySQL Database can be as big as you want it to be. As long as you have hard disk space to store it.

By the way, making alot of databases in MySQL is honestly, rather stupid.. :/ You should have only 1 database for each site, and use diffrent tables to store the diffrent things in, not diffrent databases. Those are theoretically, infinite in amount. As in, no limit, except for, of course, disk space. =)