xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wannabeeaweak

mac or windows? which do u think is better

im would have to go with windows because there is an abundance of software available and almost all games are windows only to begin with. macs definetely have my pick when it comes to design tho.

WINDOWSWINDOWSWINDOWSIts the best, i love it like a child, its nice to look at, fast and useful, programs are easy to come by, supported by a multi-billion pound company, i mean come on, whoi couldnt love it. Plus Visual Basic (A windows prgramming language) is real easy to use unlike C++, im still a novice at programming.

MacPro: Best for photo designers and video editing; more secure than win; fasterCons: very expensive; very few softwares availableWindowsPro: Many softwares; cheaper; customizableCons: Not so secure; easier to crash; interface is harder to learn than MacMe? I use both.

he didn't say it's hard to learn. he said it's hardER.personally, i'm not a big fan of mac because it's harder to find free (legal or not) software for mac. + mac is more expensive. + i'm a programmer, so it's better to program software for windows (more potential users) than for mac i think.

if you want free software.... well i do i even have to say it ? (linux !)the older versions of Mac (OS9 and older) were not too good... but OSX is FreeBSD with a customised GUI.and i dont think you will ever find anyone (not even the most devoted Bill Gates Fanatic) will claim anything is more sttable than FreeBSD.on the Top 50 uptimes of webservers FreeBSD takes the Top 47 (last time i looked)

I have to ask, why wasn't Linux a choice in your question? It is a very valid Operating System and can be substituted for Windows or Mac. I recently reformatted my hard drive, getting rid of Windows XP (which I think is much better than a Mac) in place of Suse 9.1. I love having Linux. It is fast, secure, stable and great for developing software and setting up web servers, stuff I need to do for my school and want to do on my own.