xisto Community
UberVamp44

The Big Bang Theory

I just learned today that the big bang theory is that a little mass exploded and then expanded into what me know now as the universe i always thought it was like one realy realy big mass of something that just blew up thats what i thought the big bang theory was P.S I hope this can maybe add some knowledge to ppl that didnt know like me

They say that the "Big Bang" theory's about the fact that a preexsisting universe crupled in on itself as a result of gravity.

The new universe was created by a gigantic explosion that came about when a previous universe crumple to smaller than an atom with infinite density. The explosion caused the expansion of this universe & formed the galaxies as we know them today.

Scientists are split on the theories that there is enough 'black matter' to again slow the rate of expansion, which would cause the propsed theory of a "Big Crunch", which would again cause another Big Bang & start another universe.

not enuf black matter means an ever-expanding universe, & that is just one of the hundreds of theories out there. This all takes about a trillion years, tho.

Yeah Right, That was really confusing, i know. it's a jumbled mess. To learn more about the 'Big Bang' theories, check out google, it's really interesting stuff..

Thanks for the extra info i am big space buff eny thing to do whith space i am into well unless i dont know about it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is an Interesting thing to ponder.....

Okay.. Mass and Energy are the same thing.... (Fact)

When Energy Converts to Mass.. an equal quantity of Mass and Anti-Mass are created...

in other words you CANNOT make a Proton, without also making an anti-Proton.

at any one time, in the universe there is equal amounts of Matter, and Anti-Matter...

Earth, this solar system, this galaxy.. as far as we know. is all made out of Matter.... so where is all the Anti Matter ?!

logically, there must be an entire galaxy somewhere else out there that is similar to ours, but constructed entirely out of anti matter !

Advice.... NEVER EVER shake hands with anyone who is made up of anti matter :) !

A big bang? Interesting. Well, I'm a christian so basically, it's all just a bunch of bull to me, but I won't go in to that! :)Me and my brother have pondered the universe and existence and what not, and we have come to the conclusion that humans are stupid and can not comprehend it. So we left it at that! :) We seriously sat and talked about that for like two hours, and came up with this conclusion *shrug*

Well if you believe in god ans stuff you have to ask the question who made god or where did come from

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

duuude....... ur thinking in terms of before and after, left and right.

before the universe, before space and time there is no left right, before or after.

time has not always existed.. time started.

Think about the following..

IF time was infinite, and went on forever with no beginning and no end, then the time between today and the earlyest possible time would be infinite....

and the definititonn if infinite.... today would never happen.

but as you see, today did happen, then reason surgests, that time is not infinite... it was created.

and yes, we' will not get into discussions of religon.

im not religous..... but if i was, i would not be a chirsitian, i dont care what greater purpose god claims to have... geniside murder slavery and rape is evil and i will not worship any god that commmits such acts. id be a satanist :) the worst thing he did in the bible was to give the humans knolegde of good and evil.

The big bang theory, or what I think, is when the universe collapsed, and there was a huge explosion, resulting in the stars and planets. It took millions, billions of years of the formation of our solar system and the way it was shaped to be.

The big bang theory, or what I think, is when the universe collapsed, and there was a huge explosion, resulting in the stars and planets. It took millions, billions of years of the formation of our solar system and the way it was shaped to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

assuming anything collapsed at all.

ever read about the M-theory (an adaption of Super String Theory)

the M-theory surgests that new Universes Are being born within our Universe,

because the universes create their own space as they expend, they could start off in your bed-room, grow just as big as out universe, but never intruse on any of its space...

if anyone is interested.. read book on String Theory, M-Theory and Stephen Hawkings' "a Brief History of time"

fasicinating stuff about how gravity doesnt exist.. its just an illusion you get when viewing curved multiple dimensional space in only 4 of its dimensions.

Going off on a tangent, since we are talking about time anyway... Does anyone here with a relatively good knowledge of these theories and whatnot think it's physically possible to return to a previous point in time? (ie. Time travel) I've had a deep interest with the possibility all my life, and I was wondering if anyone knew any areas I should look into on the subject (I have yet to pick up a copy of A Brief History of Time). String theory? I haven't researched it enough to know if that would be where to look...

for what i know, we've had several universes.big bang -> planets & stars move away from eachother, but slow down, until they stop. than they come back together, faster and faster, untill they all come to one point -> new big bang,...and this goes on and onread stephen hawkins!!!!

Going off on a tangent, since we are talking about time anyway... Does anyone here with a relatively good knowledge of these theories and whatnot think it's physically possible to return to a previous point in time? (ie. Time travel) I've had a deep interest with the possibility all my life, and I was wondering if anyone knew any areas I should look into on the subject (I have yet to pick up a copy of A Brief History of Time). String theory? I haven't researched it enough to know if that would be where to look...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Everything I say here is theoretical)

I think that, if it was possible to travel back in time, you would rip the universe in the process. To travel through time, you have to bend time, and time and space are the same thing. So, to travel through time you would have to bend space-time to the extent that it would rip, making the universe go back in time, turning inside-out. But, the hole would still be there, so the universe would be endlessly turning inside out. Hmmm... :)

^Well that would suck (haha, pun)But can't you bend things without actually ripping them? and even if you do manage to figure out how to rip something, can't it be possible to close (or patch) back up? Man! would I love to go back to the turn of the 20th century! I love that era. Silent movies... gentlemen and ladies... ahh, the good old days...

BIG BANGLots of good stuff in this thread. And some information that's out of date. The Big bang is now part of well established theory like relativity and nuclear physics. What's going on now in physics is fleshing out the consequences of the big bang. One is that if we look far enough with our telescopes, we should see it! (The farther you look, the further into the past you're seeing.) And we can see it. It's not a big yellow flash. Because of expansion of the universe, the blast is so far red shifted that it is in the microwave/radio part of the spectrum. In 1950's a couple of guys working at Bell Labs were trying to determine the source of radio noise. It turned out that 10% was from out there, from the big bang. And it comes from every direction.Looking closer, the radiation is not quite uniform. There are hot spots a - few teths of a percent. That was a relief to physicists because our universe right now is non-uniform, which can't follow from a uniform bang. Calculations show that the non-uniformity is just right to explain the large scale structure of the universe, glaxies, clusters of glaxies, and the Great Wall of clusters.