xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
r3d1405241470

Browse Happy Campaign anti ie, pro web standard

what do you think? should all ie users shift to other free friendly web standard browser? or should microsoft continue developing ie for better and worse?

ie bug http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/opinion//

browse happy campaign http://www.webstandards.org/2004/10/13/happy-10th-birthday-netscape/

free web standard browser http://archive.browsehappy.com/browsers/

I still use ie mostly and switch to opera when ie comes up with errors. I have also tried firefox. I can't really find many differences the between browsers except the in-built poppup blocker and that opera uses the pages in the cache whenever it can but ie prefers to reload them. For some things the auto-use-cached-page thing can workout quite well however most of the time its just frustrating. Haven't bothered testing out wether firefox does this too. I think Microsoft should upgrade soon but if not i am going to change my default browser. IE is just getting to outdated.

I've been running the Firefox 1.0 prerelease for a while now and I've been disappointed!Upgraded to the latest version hoping for improvement, but no :PI'll guess security has it's priceI loved the 0.9 version, for speed an extensions. Now it's all about the extensions,and that's not enough!I'm going to use IE more frequently again, because....It opens faster, less timeouts and shows more pages as they're intended to look!I don't really care about standard compliancy when I'm surfing the net. I do care when I'm coding, but there's always going to be first time web publishers!It's more fun to surf when pages look good and content is showing upWhen Firefox grows, the security patches will be coming!BTW, shouldn't there be some campaign against those who makes virus andmalicious scripts. Think, surfing and computing without AV's and FW's. And all scripts enabled.....Utopiacheers

DanThMan; why don't you try Opera instead?

I think overall Firefox is the most popular out of all the alternative browsers but in my opinion it is definately not the best. Opera browser has many more features (yes don't lecture me about firefox plugins) that come WITH the browser and it is immensely easy to manipulate the buttons and toolbars to suit your needs and preferences.

DanThMan; why don't you try Opera instead?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those norwegians is charging you :P

No, I'm happy altering between IE and FF.

Both are very good browsers and works great side by side.

My point was...

If it weren't for those little malicious codesnippets out there,

both browsers would be lean, mean browsing machines.

cheers

It only shows the pages "as they're intended to look" because the designers were too narrow-minded to test the page in a proper browser.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and I quote myself

but there's always going to be first time web publishers!

They are not narrow-minded, they are most likely beginners.

Some of them will learn, some won't! Much better to be open-minded, right?

I'll rather give IE credit for it's tolerance!

BTW, I love to see your early works :P

Opera user here... All my pages are xhtml 1.1 :P IE is old. Back in the days that netscape ruled the internet, ms made the new IE from scratsh while nestcape kept updating their old code. In the end, netscape's code was not workable anymore... (ask the mozilla crew :P) But now IE has the same problem...

hmm...i'm mainly a mozilla firefox user...though I often use IE for certain things. Truthfully, I have forgotten why I'm using mozilla's product over microsoft's...but I've grown so accustommed to my firefox, I can't go back to IE without feeling awkward. I personally think microsoft should continue with IE dispite some of the transitions people are going through,

I've now changed my default browser to Opera. IE is getting to old and outdated. Even though it is the most widely used and supported browser it is in my mind one of the worst. It's security is absolutely terrible and I have heard that they are not going to update it anymore. True? Either way I'm very happy with opera and I know that it will always continue to be updated.

Microsoft should continue developing Internet Explorer, and Opera and Mozilla should continue developing their alternative browsers. In the end, it is the consumers, me and you, who benefit from better browser that are secure and functional!

As long as everyone keeps trying to beat each other out, the consumers will be the ultimate winners. I say, let IE keep going so that the other programs have something to beat and to become better than. As for those other programs, I tried opera but was confused by the layout, but I might just try out Firefox and maybe some other ones soon.