xisto Community
jwcgator

Google Os? Yay or Nay?

If google made an OS, would you buy it?I know I would, but only if it had supreme Search functions!!! and Alot of bells and whistles!BUT! if it was free...I would definently get it!!!! I mean, wasn't Linux made by one person? Why couldn't Google make an OS, with their Genius workers with their extreme programming knowledge!That would be awesome!I vote: YAY!

Humm, I guess it would be cool. But I dot think its gonna happen. They would have to compete with Microsoft's Windows and all those Linux destributions... It would probably be a waste of effort cause of that.And you would need all kinds of programs that have to be made for the google os... bad idea

if google made an OS that would be very interesting, i wouldnt mind trying it out. Plus i dont think distribution of the OS would be too hard i mean there are plenty of people who use the google search engine, if google wants to advertise it on the search engine im sure alot of people will see it. the only problem is the competition with the other companies such as linux and microsoft.

yeah,sounds good really...google bring us very useful and good things,like strongly search enginer and Gmail free E-mail.all of them are awesome and outstanding than others.despite so many competetors against with google,but google could be the best.hope google os come into being...

Google is notorious for it's privacy policies... and programs like that search thing which searches your harddrive. If they made an OS they'd make it so they somehow know what you do on your PC and can somehow pop up an advertisement or send your computing habits to some data center where it is sold to advertising companies... I probably wouldn't fully trust it, but luckily it won't happen.

Yeah, though i wouldn't mind trying it out if they did make one. i would try it as a second OS, tho. don't like their privacy stuff, but hey, i'm sure someone would find out a way around it. like, Micro$oft is full of their own spyware, but ppl have gotten around it.I don't know what it would go over like, tho. Google's strong point is its search engine, & email. If they were to try the OS market, i think it would only go over with a small sector of enthusiasts.the majority of computer buyers knowing nothing about their computers, would go for windows over google, just because it's the OS word stuck in their mind.

I think Google should stick to Search Engines, cos if they go into other avenues, their focus on the search engine might go down. I would prefer if Google held its position as the BEST EVER search engine in the world for all eternity!Cheers!Yasir :D

No. Google knows too much already without them spidering all of my writing and pictures and stuff. I mean, the search engine is wonderful, but they've gotten too powerful. Think on this: You enter your credit card number, address, phone number, etc on some sites. On a GOS, everything you did, including that, would likely be 'spidered' and put into their algorithim locally, if not semi-publicly. Google looks out for itself. I know there's a certain amount of trust we give sites like PayPal and Amazon and such. But even if they didn't abuse it, what about coding bugs? A while ago, you could search Google for VISA credit card numbers. I'm imagining a GOS one step removed from the internet. And if it was so closely linked to the internet, it would be easier than ever for hackers and viruses to get in. And I suppose this applies to everything too, but if I thought about trust too much, I wouldn't be able to function. I already have a deep mistrust of Google, though I do still use it for searching.

GooOS, the Google OS??

:angry::blink::ph34r::):P

It looks like this:

Posted Image

It whout be very speed and funny os.

But Microsoft WIndows codename Longhorn will be better! :P (maybe) :P

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT GOOGLE OS CLICK HERE :P

I think that would be a simple, faster and easier operating system if google launches it. I will definitely buy it, if it follows all the above mentioned criteria. However, Windows and Linux are presently dominating the market, but as gmail is spreading today, it is overbeating msn and others, google os will do the same.

Well if I ever heard of a OS based on the search engine, the biggest thing I would think first would be that I would be able to search my computer faster. So I wouldn't really think that I would buy it. I mean really I might go for it, if it was linux based. That way I could have a server. But i dont think that I would buy it.

omg this is so... I can imagine google making an OS. I would really want to try it. I wonder if its better than Microsoft. I bet bill gates would be pissed if everyone starts shifting to Google. It would turn Bill Gates Psycho and he might start loosing money for once lol. Then again Google hasn't started to make games yet. Like microsoft they make almost everything except PC or Laptops or Printers.