xisto Community
kokushta

Problem with IE - Help please... Help please...

if u are still facing the problems... here is some of my guess...

you are infected with virus/spybot/worms/etc... do a throughout virus/spybot/worms/etc scan...

some recommanded software to do these are as follow...

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

if after all these it still not working, maybe is your setting of your connection problem... (In IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections Tab) check your LAN settings... try to enable and disable automatically detect setting till it works... if its not working... make sure u are at the correct proxy server... (if u have/need one) disable it else disable it... try mess around with the setting... but please remember down the original setting... make sure u change back to the original setting if everything u do doesn't works... if u are in a network or there's someone who do all these dirty stuff for the computer... den ask him to do this...

if the problem still exist... my last suggestion is try remove ie and den reinstall back... make sure u have windows xp cd when doing this... go to add and remove program... at the left content bar... click add and remove component... disable ie and click apply... after that... enable ie and click apply again... insert cd if necessary... restart if necessary and try using ie again...

if its still not working... bring it to an expert and ask him to help u fix... or reinstall or format your windows... but if u doesn't wan to do this... den use firefox or netscape for alternative...

Basically if you are using lan or dial up or cable make sure its connected. Set up your lan or cable settings under the internet options. The only other thing would to try a telenet and see if your connection really is working or not. Try going through the connection wizard and see what happens after that.

who doesnt have somthing againsed Microsoft  ?!

because of MS i have to defgramsment my hard disk, run windows update, update the virus scanner, scan my  hard disk for virii, re-boot..... BSOD.. AGH !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, that's normal for any pc.. right, linux filesystems are better, you need never defragment, but you do need to update, if you don't update yourself, you're always ****ed. Normally, if you stay clever there really isn't much too bad about Windows. Just don't rely on it, and protect yourself a little. My opinion, the best anti-virus is the user behind the pc.

Btw yeah.. Microsoft and it's rebooting, bloody annoying. Linux rarely needs to reboot. Yet, you're free to switch at any time. :)

For all you IE users!!!!!I find Ie to be very very slow... i tried out netsacpe, but i just don't like it!!!! then i began to look for an IE like browser, and i found "Avant Browser", it's like a 1MB download, it's based on IE, the google bar (that i find very useful) is included, you can navegate with tabs, and can run from the taskbat... the defect i have found till now (like 7 months of use) it's pdf archives... so i just download them, instead of oppening them..So, if you are having problems with you IE, try Avant Browser... that's my advice

For all you IE users!!!!!

I find Ie to be very very slow... i tried out netsacpe, but i just don't like it!!!!

then i began to look for an IE like browser, and i found "Avant Browser", it's like a 1MB download, it's based on IE, the google bar (that i find very useful) is included, you can navegate with tabs, and can run from the taskbat... the defect i have found till now (like 7 months of use) it's pdf archives... so i just download them, instead of oppening them..

So, if you are having problems with you IE, try Avant Browser... that's my advice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say stick with Ie its a very amazing browser and for me isn't even slow unless I have the security settings way to high up.....a down side is java default settings and built in java problems(N) The web broser I like most is one of the oens built in to linux...But look for yourself linux isn't for everyone

That's the thing about trying out... really like IE, thta's why i got a IE' based Browser... Maybe you misundestand but i was trying to say...Yeah linux it's pretty cool, but windows it's way more used, offering a lot more resources... that's the reason i use it... Avant requires IE... sou it work with the version you have installed on your PC... Just try it out.. you'll get my point

That's the thing about trying out...

really like IE, thta's why i got a IE' based Browser... Maybe you misundestand but i was trying to say...

Yeah linux it's pretty cool, but windows it's way more used, offering a lot more resources... that's the reason i use it... Avant requires IE... sou it work with the version you have installed on your PC...

Just try it out.. you'll get my point

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH i understand you now lol :) u were trying to say avant is a good skin that makes using IE a lot simplier and a lot faster lol sorrry for the misunderstanding

same problem occured to me then First I deleted all history and temporary Internet Files ... then It start Working ,..+ if U still face that problem // remove IE and reinstalll it from Windows components .... It'll take no time+ if stll face problem then reinstall windows LOL Last option

I think it is hard to make the change from Internet Explorer (IE) to Firefox. I downloaded Firefox, used it for a few days and then just got tired of the look of it. I think IE is better cause you can get toolbars that you can have in Firefox. In Firefox you can only download extensions. Some of the extensions are cool. I have one that is a bandwidth tester. Anyway, i think IE is faster.

+ if U still face that problem //  remove IE and reinstalll it from Windows components .... It'll take no time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't uninstall IE. In no possible way. It's part of the Windows Operating System and without it, it will fail.

I think IE is better cause you can get toolbars that you can have in Firefox.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh? Where is the logic?

Anyway, i think IE is faster.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think wrong. IE and Firefox are the same. And guess why? Because the only limitation is your Bandwidth. And that doesn't change when you change a browser.

Sure, IE might render pages a bit more faster (0.2seconds?), but that's because it's part of the OS. Which, by the way, is a terribly hidious thing. Since what happens when a site crashes IE? Yes, your entire shell & all your downloads crash. Joy.

Firefox is just as light as IE, just as fast as IE, and extendable with features. Firefox doesn't suffer from the Adware rage that uses IE to turn your pc into a walking talking commercial. Or did you mean you liked those Search Toolbars you got in IE because of your adware? =)

Anyway, Firefox is better on every one and single field, except for:

1. It doesn't render the most ****ed up webpages on the internet 100% right. But who cares? Can't make a webpage, then we don't want to see it anyway.

2. It's 0.2seconds slower because it's not integrated. But who even notices?

The reason you don't switch, is because you're used to IE, and changing, is, psychologically, hard. For us all. Just know that after you realise why you had to change, you'll never go back to IE.

And as a footnote, get Opera. It's far prettier and faster than Firefox. :)

You can't uninstall IE. In no possible way. It's part of the Windows Operating System and without it, it will fail.

Eh? Where is the logic?

You think wrong. IE and Firefox are the same. And guess why? Because the only limitation is your Bandwidth. And that doesn't change when you change a browser.

Sure, IE might render pages a bit more faster (0.2seconds?), but that's because it's part of the OS. Which, by the way, is a terribly hidious thing. Since what happens when a site crashes IE? Yes, your entire shell & all your downloads crash. Joy.

Firefox is just as light as IE, just as fast as IE, and extendable with features. Firefox doesn't suffer from the Adware rage that uses IE to turn your pc into a walking talking commercial. Or did you mean you liked those Search Toolbars you got in IE because of your adware? =)

Anyway, Firefox is better on every one and single field, except for:

1. It doesn't render the most ****ed up webpages on the internet 100% right. But who cares? Can't make a webpage, then we don't want to see it anyway.

2. It's 0.2seconds slower because it's not integrated. But who even notices?

The reason you don't switch, is because you're used to IE, and changing, is, psychologically, hard. For us all. Just know that after you realise why you had to change, you'll never go back to IE.

And as a footnote, get Opera. It's far prettier and faster than Firefox. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep we love Opera, voted browser of the year 2004 by one of the PC Magazines (I forget which). Opera is very nice looking and has a very versatile interface that can be changed to suit your preferences. The tabbing system is so fluid and can be changed and manipulated easily, unlike in Firefox where it is more rigid and ugly looking (sorry firefox lovers)

yep we love Opera, voted browser of the year 2004 by one of the PC Magazines (I forget which). Opera is very nice looking and has a very versatile interface that can be changed to suit your preferences. The tabbing system is so fluid and can be changed and manipulated easily, unlike in Firefox where it is more rigid and ugly looking (sorry firefox lovers)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive only ever used Opera on my DamnSmallLinux machine.... its not free is it ? there was an annoying banner that wanted me to register to get rid of it.

as for firefox being ugly... well... if firefox was beautiful by default, many users would never find the themes button

as is opera :P and get a serial :P