xisto Community
kokushta

Problem with IE - Help please... Help please...

It's like 4 month I started using Netscape Navigator (NSN) and aslo time to time I browsed pages with Internet Explorer (IE) but today, to my wonder IE would not connect to internet??? Now that I'm writing this I'm using NSN.Any idea what could have happen???Please help!!

It's like 4 month I started using Netscape Navigator (NSN) and aslo time to time I browsed pages with Internet Explorer (IE) but today, to my wonder IE would not connect to internet???  Now that I'm writing this I'm using NSN.

Any idea what could have happen???

Please help!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well .. could u pls tell us wat is the error message u r recieving ..

pls be brief when u want us to help... :)

Thanks. As per any page I get this message:

Posted Image

I guess I'm brief enough :) Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey kokushta,

The problem could be DNS, but if it's working through Netscape then obviously it's not the problem, So could it be the page that you're trying to view playing up? But I assume you used Netscape to get there no problems.

So obviously the problem lies within IE somewhere, check the URL is correct. Check to make sure that you're not trying to browse Offline, make sure your internet connection is running at the time and that your Internet Connection is being used, if you connect via LAN then make sure Automatic Detection is set in the LAN configuration and manual configuration is off, set IE's defaults back and site restrictions back.

If you use a program like SpyBot Search and Destroy which can sometimes render IE to do nothing because of the security fixes it does, you may have to revert the changes back. If you're running a firewall make sure it's configured correctly, disable it and then try IE, if it works it has to be a firewall configuration so make sure IE has correct permissions.

If you're not running the latest version of IE, update to it. If you are, try doing a repair on IE or reinstalling.

But in saying this, I would say drop IE and use something like Mozilla, IE can cause major hassles and I no longer install IE but Mozilla on people's machines due to the number of calls I get when IE starts playing up (Homepage Hijacking, Malware, Exploits, etc). The only thing you need IE for is for updating Windows.

Cheers, MC

:) Sorry but I just have to quote this. Maybe you got something against Microsoft? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who doesnt have somthing againsed Microsoft ?!

because of MS i have to defgramsment my hard disk, run windows update, update the virus scanner, scan my hard disk for virii, re-boot..... BSOD.. AGH !

It's like 4 month I started using Netscape Navigator (NSN) and aslo time to time I browsed pages with Internet Explorer (IE) but today, to my wonder IE would not connect to internet???  Now that I'm writing this I'm using NSN.

Any idea what could have happen???

Please help!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

may be you are use a proxy server

Problem with IE is good pretext to start using Mozilla Firefox .It is the best browser I  have ever used .You can export your bookmarks ,cookies and passwords from IE into MF :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that! You should definitely switch to Mozilla Firefox. Aside from being a secure browser, you get tabbed browsing which saves you space, it has lots of Themes & Extensions free for download to customize your browser. It is the BEST browser and its FREE! :)

who doesnt have somthing againsed Microsoft  ?!

because of MS i have to defgramsment my hard disk, run windows update, update the virus scanner, scan my  hard disk for virii, re-boot..... BSOD.. AGH !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) You're totally right! Gotta give them some credit for the OS though. :):P:P