xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jwcgator

I Need Help With This One... computer at my school

The computer is pretty messed up, the color is 16 colors and size is 640X860 or something like that! I checked the System.Ini File in msconfig and...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It has been totally been screwed, it has webpage Html in it, and there is about 50 different intries of

Boot/ Display Fallback=0/1

being that the 1 and the 0 are not in the same line, just in different intries randomly like
Boot/ Display Fallback=0Boot/ Display Fallback=1

but the thing that makes me crazy...
Is that when I run SysEdit It shows the System.Ini file the way it was before! I have run all the anti-spyware and anti-virus software in the world and have tried changing the colors and the resolution to no Avail.

Any Help?

What operating system are you using? If it's Windows XP, just right-click on the desktop and fix it in the Appearance section...it shouldn't be that technical.

Hey,I would suggest you totally format your OS partition, and reinstall, this generally works when your computer gets totally messed up! Ty it!Cheers!Yasir :D

well, i dont know excactly what "Boot/ Display Fallback" means, but i am pretty shure that the 0 and 1's mean that it is on or off, if you know about binary youll understand, maybe if you figure out what "Boot/ Display Fallback" you might understand what the computer is doing, and might be able to fix it manualy, also like somepeople said: What is your OS!