xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snowlion

FTP Client Which FTP Client do u prefer?

I have FTP surfer, but I haven't used it yet.  It had alot of good reviews where I got it from though, :).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use konqueror... and goold old command line FTP

I'm using an open source ftp client named Firezilla. Most ftp programs work for me. I just like how everything is laid out on this particular ftp client.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is firefilla anything to do with firefox ?

whats the webpage of firezilla ? its not in my partage tree !

I've used CuteFTP, SmartFTP and all but I recommend WS_FTP Pro(even though it's not free), it's the best FTP client i've used yet. Please take note that this is only my opinion. :)

I've used CuteFTP, SmartFTP and all but I recommend WS_FTP Pro(even though it's not free), it's the best FTP client i've used yet. Please take note that this is only my opinion.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes..i also heard WS_FTP Pro is good..but whats so special? does this one have more features than other ftp client like smartftp?

1. smartftp: free, good, and simple2. command line: free, less simple, very good :)3. http://www.net2ftp.com/: if you can't install anything to your harddrive.you can zip your files and then upload them. it automaticly creates folders & subfolders & extracts the zip file! really cool and most of the time better than te ftpclient offered by the host.

yes..i also heard WS_FTP Pro is good..but whats so special? does this one have more features than other ftp client like smartftp?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is nothing really special, I like using it and i'm more comfortable on using it compared to other FTP clients. I didn't say anything that it was special, I just said that it was good. :)

And about the features, it solely depends on the software itself, SmartFTP has some features that WS_FTP doesn't support and vice versa, it's all about how the user likes it, how it is intended for use(the features are a plus though). :)