xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gokul1405241470

What Is A Blog ?

google for "define:Blog"

Definitions of Blog -- (weB LOG) on the Web:
    A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog. Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in cronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominantly.

Ditto on Sue's comment. Blogging started of as a techno geek kind of trend (yea geeks!) but it's gotten really mainstream now, what with livejournal and xanga and all these pre-made blogging sites. A friend of mine has to create and keep a blog for his cyberculture class- an easy way to require effort and activity for a class, but something that's not completely irrelevant to the class topic.

A blog is an online journal. Like the others said, some example are livejournal and xanga (these are the most popular ones).

Or you can make your own blog with some html and use blog resources:

http://geekphilosopher.com/MainPage/blogLinksTools.htm

I prefer xanga the most for my blog. There are a few really good sites (blogring.net and createblog.com) that provide awesome skins to use for xanga. :)

you need rss reader available in most sever side scripts

and also there is commercial blog reader  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're referring to a news reader or aggregator here. A news reader basically allow you to subscribe to a blog that offers you RSS (really simple syndication) syndiation of the site. When you subscribe, any new posts on the blog will be automatically delivered to your news reader. An excellent free online news reader is Bloglines.

To create a blog, you can either use online services like Livejournal, Xanga, etc. Some of the more popular ones are Blogger and Movable Type.

In the Addon Scripts section of cpanel, there are also some blogging tools like Wordpress, which is supported by Xisto.

You're referring to a news reader or aggregator here. A news reader basically allow you to subscribe to a blog that offers you RSS (really simple syndication) syndiation of the site. When you subscribe, any new posts on the blog will be automatically delivered to your news reader. An excellent free online news reader is Bloglines.

To create a blog, you can either use online services like Livejournal, Xanga, etc. Some of the more popular ones are Blogger and Movable Type.

In the Addon Scripts section of cpanel, there are also some blogging tools like Wordpress, which is supported by Xisto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So .. u mean that I can create a blog here .. using Xanga ..

I really wanna create a blog for myself...

nooo.. do not think that I am a geek for all that .. no .. i am not .. i am just one ordinary person trying to make something out of his website ... :)

So .. u mean that I can create a blog here .. using Xanga ..

I really wanna create a blog for myself...

nooo.. do not think that I am a geek for all that .. no .. i am not .. i am just one ordinary person trying to make something out of his website ... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, no you don't make one here ... if you go to xanga.com, you sign up for an account and you just have sort of a journal hosted on their site. It's really simple and easy, you don't have to worry about hosting it anywhere else. A blog is more or less just for you, at least in my opinion ... writing down your thoughts and what-not.

I've been using wordpress for about a year, but it takes a lot of time and effort to find free host that will actually support wordpress. I wholeheartedly recommend if you have a page that supports all the features needed for a good blog, that you migrate your blog to that host. It allows so much more customization and a unique identity.

A blog is something worth not getting. Blogs suck.Well thats my opinion. But I make blogs sometimes just to stir up attention if you know what I mean :)...(IPB Forums with MK portal installed, hehe)...But if you DO decide to have one, install moveable-type, Larry Page and Sergey Brin used it once :P...Or...you can just use the one supplied by Blogger. You can use the free blog service on their site or you can use their software on your own hosted site :)...

Well, no you don't make one here ... if you go to xanga.com, you sign up for an account and you just have sort of a journal hosted on their site.  It's really simple and easy, you don't have to worry about hosting it anywhere else.  A blog is more or less just for you, at least in my opinion ... writing down your thoughts and what-not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Xanga is very easy to use, and you don't have to worry about bandwith problems. That is one of the best features of blog sites. :)

I think most website builders such as angelfire and geobuilders offer blogs now for websites. But I find them very hard, unless you know html. But blogs are basically what everyone is saying, an online journal that you can customize to your own likeing, put pictures on, music, your info and such. Depends which kind you use. I perfer to use a xanga. It can get a little confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it is fine.If you were to go get a blog, I perfer xanga, because they actaully have more to offer than livejournal.com