xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

Most Overrated Music Artists Most Overrated

all those nu metal bandsexcept for tool maybe. tool is cool. but sliknot and limp bizkit and stuff like that... euh, ... iewand then the guys that sing "by my butterfly, sugar, baby". i profondly hate them.

eminem all the way!! he is t he most overrated artist ever.. And anything that is rnb or rap is overrated. and house and techno are too... lots of "artists" are just popular cuz girls think they're hot!!

I agree with the Ashlee Simpson thing. True she did get famous from the start because of her sister, but if she was bad, it wouldn't last but a hot second. In a year or so, we'll all see if she last. I don't dislike her, but she's not a favorite...or even close. I, so far, only like one song of hers, "Peices of Me."There's really a couple. Britney Spears is a big one. Yes, for her genre of music, she's not bad, but she's still over rated.For me, also, Avril. I heard her sing live onces. Now I don't know if it was a bad day or what, but yuck. She sounded bad. I still like some of her music though, but she's over rated.

Is it ok to suggest all those classical ones like Mozart and Beethoven, etc?Eminem is overrated, newest albums shows you can still be a complete prick and still continue going.Ashley Simpson, to be honest, never heard of her, so is that overrated if I don't know her?I think most artists are overrated, but then again, I don't like most music that comes out now, there seems to be no legends appearing.MC

There is good music coming out, just not on the radio(at least in america). Here, only a couple of radio companies control the radio, and they go for the few artists that have mass appeal(which tends to all sound the same and be crap). So its not like good music doesnt come out, it just isn't the photocopied crap on the radio. If you wanna find good bands, go find an independent music store. The people who work there often as not have their ear to the ground and know whats coming down the line thats good, even obscure stuff. If one local store just has a bunch of useless people running it, find another store. if you only have one store nearby....i pity you.

i think g unit is completly overrated the only song ive ever acknowledged was shorty wanna ride... but the most overrated artist of all time had to be 50 cent dont like the freakin hessup

Can I suggest a song? I can't stand the new U2 song "Vertigo" that they just can't stop playing on tv or the radio. In the begining it was ok but now its out of control and I find it rather annoying.

Ahslee Simpson b/c she has no real talent and she can't dance or entertain or anything.. it's retarded that she has her show on Mtv.. that channel just sucks imo

Emo "music" in general annoys the snot out of me. Especially Bright Eyes. I went to see one of his concerts (with a friend who has this insane crush on him and oh gross I don't even want to talk about that). Needless to say, the show sucked and I wanted to go up on the stage and throw the idiot into the crowd so that all the weepy groupie chicks could tear him apart.But yeah, I can't wait for this stupid trend to pass so we can get back to music that's not total crap.

totally got to be u2 in general. totally overrated.the worst thing is the amount of totally underrated artists. there are so many brilliant artists that no-one has ever heard of, me included, thats a realy shame.also the sex pistols were overrated musically in the genre of punk - there were better bands but the sex pistols were still important. then agian not all that surprizing seeing that sid vicious once said its not about sounding good but looking good. :D