xisto Community
spyshow

Graphic Designing or Programming

Which are you better In?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I guess I'm the webmaster...I find myself pretty well experienced both in graphics design (photoshop) and coding (PHP, HTML, CSS) I'm not wiz at either of them, but I guess that's what you get for learning both of them. Then again, I went in-dept on Search Engine Optimizing.

I feel Programming is better than graphixif there werent programming Adobe Photoshop would just have been a fantasy...and see... Computer need to eat programs to puke out graphix....so i prefer programming... though to add spice to programming graphix are there and is good

I feel Programming is better than graphix

if there werent programming Adobe Photoshop would just have been a fantasy...

and see...

Computer need to eat programs to puke out graphix....

so i prefer programming...

though to add spice to programming graphix are there and is good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both of them go hand in hand dude.... U have a website with stunning graphics and videos,flash animes, pics, buttons etc but the user cant navigate from one page to another .. u r website is useless then..... So u gotta know how to program these stuff with html, JS,jsp,asp,php programming.. .. So i suggest learn both of them.. :P

I am better at the graphic design. Both can be learned, but coding is usually much easier since you can 'explain' how to program whereas with graphic design it usually takes a ton of experience no matter what. Also, if you learn programming well enough, you can create cool graphics that way. Granted, at that point you have basically taken just as much time as learning graphics the direct way, but now you know both. Sure wish I took that route :P

I am much better at graphics design. I just finished making a layout for one of my friends (Prodigy) and he rekons its really good. On the other hand, i have no clue about programming but i am taking a course on it in High School so i hope i get better at it!

I am definately better at programming. It's not very hard you just have to remmember the commands and your basically set. Graphics design takes more skill and practice, I hope to work on it and get better.

definistely graphics designing! I love designing sites. I've made so many layouts for my sites... ^_^ lol, I'd make multiple designs when I'm bored =P

Then Avalon, with some training and practice, you would do a very good job as a coder. What you do in coding is break down something into smaller and smaller pieces/problems, and then solve them all. If that sounds like something you like, go get a book on something like Java.

heh, coding is good and all....but i just can't see how coding a site could be more fun to do =P

Hi all,Being a Programmer or Designer is Totally different from Being Programmer come Designer. When you are both then you know how to implement designs within your applications, there your creativity raises and will come into picture.

Well yes, but I think they were talking graphic designer. What you might be thinking of is 'software architect'. This is a different form of design. A graphic designer might make your interface look pretty, but a software architect would hire say, a useability expert to design the human interface and then send those specifications to a graphic artist to 'pretty up'.