xisto Community
spyshow

Graphic Designing or Programming

Which are you better In?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always use programs to do the work for me, I think a "creative mind" is important too,

you can learn how to program or design things, but that doesn't mean you'll create great things...  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think minds who make programs for (so called) "creative mind" do a more important job.

BTW in the poll, shouldn't the third option be "neither" OR 'both' instead of "either'

Programming, since you can do almost anything by it if you've become an expert and that includes designing graphics through a program, an example would be making an executable file in Visual Studio with a coded graphic. If you're really good at manipulating vector coordinates and calculating vector alignments then you can create impressive graphics through programming applications, even without using a pen tool(just by coding/scripting). Plus, you can create complex animations too, that is, if you become good at it. :)

IMHO programming and design can both be learnt. Some of us have a natural proclivity one way or the other and naturally lean towards 'programming' type endeavours or 'design' type endeavours. But let's be clear folks - knowing what a paintbrush does should not be confused with knowing how to paint a masterpeice :)

To have a good website, a half-decent website you need to be good at graphics, some people have great creative minds and they can create extrordinary designs which they then create in a graphics program. They cannot truly fake great graphics (getting someone to create them for you or copying them from another site) if you don't make them yourself but you pass them off as though you have created them it does nothing for you. When it comes to programming, no one in our days ever really learn anything, they have the internet handy, thus they begin to take other pre-made scripts created and made available by creative and generous people and again pass them off as their own. If you wish to be good in either field you need practice and putting them together to create something great is sometimes difficult, but if people perserver most likely than not they will triumph in there creation.

Hmm..good question. Me? Im not really an expert or professional in any of those two fields. But i can say that im good in programming and also good in graphic design. I do a decent job in programming and graphic design. Ok, for the sake of the poll i'd say im better in programming. :)

still programming... school have yet to go in dept with graphics... but soon....i have friend who have so much talent in graphic design... he can do fantastic graphic with simple idea... great to team with him... we always excel in projects... cuz he good in graphic and i'm good in programming... guess this is call teamwork...