xisto Community
gokul1405241470

What OS do you use ?? was just curious about this

What OS are you presently using??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just curious about this part.. as I saw most of the users in here are stil using IE as their browser .. So is it that everyone is still sticking to the Windows or anyone migrated to Linux or any other OS .. As of me I am using a Win XP along with Suse Linux ... I have to use Windows for some reason that I am not yet that habituated to Linux ..

Im still using an old school windows 98 :P microsoft will be ending its support for win98 next year or till Longhorn is released maybe, (not sure). thats time ill upgrade to XP :) and oh...they say Longhorn is really good..(i know someone who has a beta version of it)...it requires a large amount of memory though..I cant wait till it is released! :)

dualboot windows xp & mandrake linux 10.1 betawindows for games, downloading (emule, and soulseek) and some browsing (using firefox 1.0.1) and asp.net programming, photoshopmandrake for programming in C++, php, browsing (also firefox), ftp, pdf, gimp, office,...

My pc is running on Windows XP Professional SP2. I've been using it for less than a year. So far, i have no problems with it and everything is running smoothly. I used Windows 98 SE for a long time before i switched to XP. Never liked Windows ME, it sucks! :)

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

I've found that Windows 2000 is my preferred OS. Windows XP is nice because of it's automatic driver installation stuff, but I don't like when you get some sort of "popup" whenever you insert any form of media into your computer. (If you put in a cd, a thing comes up asking what kind of media it is and what you want to do with it). That gets annoying.2000 is just simpler, yet still powerful enough to do what I need. And if there is something better out there, I'm just too lazy to learn it :)

dualboot windows xp & mandrake linux 10.1 beta

windows for games, downloading (emule, and soulseek) and some browsing (using firefox 1.0.1) and asp.net programming, photoshop

mandrake for programming in C++, php, browsing (also firefox), ftp, pdf, gimp, office,...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

windows 2003 server enterprice edition

no problems

:PAs usual, i dun depend on certain system to work on.I will work on any system available.I move around a lot and it give me a great advantage to be able to adapt to any system as long as it work. :P