xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

what is nameserver/ dns

all i can suggest is sign up for an account at zoneedit.com, and set the dns of your .info account to ns1.zoneedit.com and ns2.zoneedit.com. Then, login to your zoneedit.com and follow the instructions to set up dynamic DNS.if you need any further help, just ask.daniel

Well, you gotta have a DNS server set in your PC. Preferrably you have to set 2 addresses so that you will have 1 as backup. Most domain registrars will allow you to modify/manipulate your domain DNS, set it to the DNS address you have assigned to your computer in the internet. The data will need 24 to 48 hours to propagate the internet so you may have to wait for a while before the domain name redirects the connection to your computer(host). Preferrably, if your domain supports URL forwarding then don't change their default nameservers provided for their free URL forwarding service, instead, put your computer's internet IP address as the value for their forwarding service. If you have a dynamic IP, you could make an account in http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/ and add a dynamic virtual host for yourself, redirect your domain URL to the virtual host you made. You can change your virtual host's config anytime and it wouldn't take long before the redirection takes effect, the TTL(time to live) of virtual DNS hosts is mostly 1800 seconds by default. I recommend not using your PC as your host if you're not on a broadband connection or if your computer is not turned on 24/7. If you have no money then you can always find free hosts like Xisto to host the domain for you. I hope this helps. :)

I got  a .info free domain.

and I just wanna use it for my local machine.

please tell me to to use it.

I don't have a static ip. .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you point your free domain, to a free DNS service, that provides Dynamic fowarding...

One service that provides this is http://dyn.com/managed-dns-express/, they have about 4 worldwide DNS servers; and its free to use, all you need is an account, and point and post your domain to thier DNS Servers, and then download the small .exe file to dynamicly change your IP address with the DNS servers... :)