xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolboy

Help Me Create My Site

I have just obtained my account and I activated it(by the way my site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

Now, I don't know what's the next step,I mean I don't know how to upload files and content to my site. I'm at the control panel of my site and I don't know what to do with all that options.

Can you help me, plz?!

56598[/snapback]

To upload, go to the file manager, and go to the public_html folder. Upload your things there. It's not hard to use at all. I would go ahead and click everything to find out what they happen to be. There are a lot of scripts and things you can install. If you need help, read the CPanel documentation. PM me if you have any questions.

You shouldn't have to. If you've already been activated, you can start uploading.

Its much faster and easier to upload things using a ftp browser since you can send all your files at the same time. Your ftp adress would be something like: ftp.yourname.trap17.com

coolboy if you can understand english you can do everything then by cpanel.I give you advice : to zip all your files wanna be uploaded then upload it on "file manager" of cpanel then click the ".zip" file , on the right side ,you will see the file ,then click the " extract the zip files" . then the file gotta extract ;this will safe lots of time than useing FTP.

coolboy your funny you know so funny, i mean first you are supposed to know what you want to do then learn how you want to do it then request the hosting lol, anyway cpanel is a huge cpanel with alot of advanced features that newbies might find so distressing and trying to teach you might take a whole decade , so just experilment with the different options available and try search for the documentation for the particualar feature if you wish. then slowly youll get sunk into it ....................................Good luck lol :D i have a felling you'll need it. :D

You should use a FTP program... It's faster... I use SmartFTP. Upload all your files into the folder /Public_html/ or to /www/. If you use HTML to make your site, the main page will be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Remember, you should only have 1 index in each folder.

You can download SmartFTP here: https://www.smartftp.com/download

To get FTP access, type ftp.psnews.trap17.com in the adress field, and your cpanel login in the two other fields, then click connect in the menu bar... It's easy to understand...

OR, you can of course use the file manager in the Cpanel.

Supposing that you have your website or part of it already done, only go to the FTP, login, wait a second and as said above and put into the folder "www" your files. The file that will appear when somebody enters in your website should be alled index.htmGood luck... :angry: and take it with calm.

Oh by the way (I can't edit posts)...

I think there is a default 'index.html' there.

If your index(Main page) is index.htm or index.php or whatsoever, then you should delete the 'index.html'.

Another thing...

If you have many visitors and you're afraid that your bandwith won't be enough, you can upload your image on other servers, like http://www.imageshack.us/ ... Before I found Xisto, I had only 100mb bandwith(!) and with all my images the bandwith wasn't enough, so I uploaded the images on an other server, and *ta-daa* no more problems with my BW...

Thanks for the tip, Amezis. By the way, I will be using Gallery for my picture gallery for my site, so if I upload all my images to imageshack, is there a way to link the images from imageshack to my site so it'll show up in the gallery? If you use, or have used Gallery, and you're afraid of wasting your bandwidth, you know my struggle. Gallery makes you upload your images to your web space, so I just wanna know if there's a way to hotlink the images from another server.Please reply if you know what I'm talking about.