xisto Community
chronogamer28

LCD Monitors

i dont know where you live, but my LCD is soooo great! its just a 15' but its really fast! 9ms! that really enough for gaming! on the market are LCDs which are bicgger tahn 17' and have the same reaction time! LCDs are so good now.. ok in later days they was not so good and you could see the mouse were it was 10 seconds ago

Yeah, I do like LCDs too, but the last time I really looked into one was about a year or more ago. If the response times have caught up to CRTs, then I would have to say that LCDs are superior in just about every aspect...except price, of course.

LCDs are superior in just about every aspect...except price, of course.

hmm.. i think the price is also small enough.. in germany you can buy an LCD with 17'' (real 19'') for 199€ !! thats cheap!! so i think the price is also ok.. LCDs are the best :)

to me the monitor depends on various ways. LCD can look better and i agree its better for the eyes. it also uses less space than the CRT. the bad thing is LCD viewing from a different angle aint very good! plus they are very expensive compared to CRT about 5 times more!. if LCD had the same quality as CRT it be well worth the buy because of its space saving. anyone tried linking their pc up to a television? thinking a doing this to watch DVDs!

i have got a very little 15 inch emachines monitor its small but it gets the job done all the better for what i use it for thing about lcd monitors is they make everything look a whole lot clearer but the dont have a really good refresh rate and they can be a major problem

i connected my pc to my television! the results can be different.. sometimes its perfekt and sometimes its bad.. its important how good is your television! on my sony with 31cm diagonal screen the quality is good! its not soooo sharp, but if you watch film on the tv its really good for this! but if you wanna write a text on it..... hmm not good! i can only say this with my experiences! i think everyone should try it! and for someones who have a much bigger tv its quite interesting to watch movies on! ;)

the bad thing is LCD viewing from a different angle aint very good! plus they are very expensive compared to CRT about 5 times more!

hm, i think your CRTs have to be very very cheap, if you have LCDs which are 5 times more expensive!! ;) you see in a post above that here i can buy a 17'' LCD for 199€! so you can buy 19'' CRTs for 40€ (48$)?? :P

and the argument that the view is bad from diffecult angles is totally wrong! i uploaded a pic which shows my flat in a very difficult angle, and you can read the text i wrote here, all the colors are normal and everything is good!!

Posted Image<- click to view in big! :P

lcd monitors take up less space obviously and can have better picture quality. however, if you want to run graphically intensive programs, you need to get one with a good response time. if the response time is low then you might notice a blurry trail behind moving objects.crt monitors have very fast response times and are cheaper, but they take up a lot more space.

Well, as its alreayd been said, the LCD Moniters take up less space, which is always useful. They also provide better graphics in some areas, but it fails really when it comes to Battle Games(or anyother type of game which intensive graphics), take Rome: Total War for example

LCD screens are known for their flatness, lightness for some and the great graphics. Although for some games it causes lags and will have a blur shadowy trail... By the way, does anyone know what causes that ripple like thing when I touch the LCD screen?