xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chronogamer28

Jedi Academy JKA

Both mesages r spawm PLEAS edit !!Now i have played the games SW JK J outcast and J Academy and a few of the older games... nice games !! THe only complain i have is about the atemporality , The latest game takes place in the begining of the SW univers, and the earlyest is the last .. pretty tangeld up !!Except that the games r great i STRONGLY recomend this games to all the fans of the SW universe!!

I also play Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. They're pretty fun games and the storyline is pretty interesting. I got to the very end on Jedi Outcast, but I'm still stuck at the very end, which is pretty tricky. I'm around the middle of Jedi Academy so far. The different lightsabers in Jedi Academy are really neat, as you can have a double edged lightsaber and also hold two lightsabers in addition to having the regular one lightsaber. The special moves for each are also really neat.

I've got both Jedi Knight : Outcast (II) and Academy (III) and both are good. Outcast is better since it gives you access to three weapon sets; single sabre, double-sided sabre and double sabre.Single is good for "tatical" fighting, choosing whether you should go in fast or to take massive swings that are slowly and have big damage.Double-sided is excellent for attack, major damage and reasonable attack speed.Duel is my favourite, incredible defense and pretty good damage with fast attack speed. Not to mention it has the best (in my opinion) special moves.Although that's just a small sample of what Academy offers it gives you a good idea of what the game is based around; lightsabre combat. This is a good thing, who likes Star Wars for anything other than sabres and ewoks?The only problem is that when you're playing online using lightsabres (all the time) you have serious lag issues. If you lag with a rocket launcher who cares, just spam shots but with a small sword you have an already limited range and so any lag can dessimate your chances at times.Still a great game.P.S : Lightsabre fighting is also quite random, who gets the first head-cut type stuff; even more so than most shooters.

i recently reinstalled it, i used to be pretty good on it but now i plain suck :)most of the time i now spend playing on the jedi academy server, where there is some very skilled players and all of them r polite,compared to those pub servers where lame kills r all too common :)if anyone wants a duel just pm me a server and time n ill duel u :)

I enjoyed playing this game alot. I think the graphics on this game are superb. The reason I stopped playing this type of game is because it made it difficult to sleep (because it was too much stimulation). I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a disruption in their sleep pattern as a result of computer gaming. Some people might think this sounds silly, but if you had as much trouble sleeping as I was, I think these people would change their attitude. What do you think?

I have not played academy, however I did play the one before it "Jedi Outcast" actually I'm playing it right now.Its a really good game in my opinion, it changed a lot since the Dark Forces days, now the Lightsaber is simply the deadlist weapon in the game and its fun as hell to slice and dice your way though the levels.My only complaints are:1. Too much platform action, its not a flatformer, if I wanted to play a platformer I play megaman...2. Too much puzzle solving, if I want puzzle solving I play Zelda3. The disruptor rifle shoots through the lightsaber... wtf why can't the lightsaber block it? all that snipers in those levels kill your really fast if you aren't quick on your feet...mehI would love this game more if it was just stright up slice and dice action - like Halo or Doom, that would be more fun, the puzzles are uber gayOn topic:I will try to play Jedi Academy after I finish the current game