xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
overture

Graphic Tablets

I am planning on getting a graphics tablet and i cannot offord the really expensive ones like the highly respectable Wacom Tablets, so i was wondering which are the good not expensive but no inexpensive tablets out there, if anybody as a good one that works for them i would like to know. Thanks :)

Sorry about not replying i completely forgot about this topic. anyways. i have got one i got one called 'EasyPen G3' from NISIS, it cost me £30.00 (i am cheap :P). It is very good for what i use it for at the moment. You can get better ones the most commonly known is called a 'Wacom' it probably varies in price depending on which one you want. These are the best in the business and vary in size. They are FANTASTIC!

I bought the Cool I-pad graphic tablet. It comes with wireless pen and wireless optical mouse.. I paid in canadian $75 dollars. I have enjoyed it very much and it works great. It has a USB plug to the tablet itself. Pen and mouse requires 1 triple "a" battery each :P

lol, it sounds cool...but I really don't mind the old-fashioned mouse on pad technique =Pbut its still amazing how far we're advancing in technology ^_^

the wacom 'graphire' tablets (as opposed to the intuos tablets) are rather cheap, at $100 US for the 4x5" version. For anyone not doing a lot of hard core image editing, thats plenty. They too come with a pen and a mouse. the tablet connects via USB, but the cool thing is that the pen and mouse are wireless but do not need batteries or charging or anything like that. Also, for driver and program support, Wacom is king. Overall, its probably the best value, if you can afford the $100

I agree that the Wacom tablets are the best out there. The site also has this cool matching program where you answer a bunch of questions (including price range and what you would use it for). It then gives you the tablet(s) that would be best suited to you. The tablets are also packaged with a wireless pen and a wireless mouse. I believe it also comes with Photoshop Elements (not the best thing out there, but it's included so yuo might as well use it). All of my friends who do graphic design use Wacom tablets.

I am planning on getting a graphics tablet and i cannot offord the really expensive ones like the highly respectable Wacom Tablets, so i was wondering which are the good not expensive but no inexpensive tablets out there, if anybody as a good one that works for them i would like to know. Thanks ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, you can find some really innexpensive intuos tablets on ebay. Some as low as 30 bucks. If you want a general meat-and-potatos tablet and don't want to buy something used, I suggest a graphire. You can find those at around $60. Personally, I'd go for the used Intuos. All the parts that may suffer from any type of wear can be easily replaced. You'll probably be all set just getting a cheap pack of those little plastic nibs.

They are inexpensive Wacom Tablets available as well but of course it is not very advance once. I had them when it first launch in the market. It cost about around US$70 each (small ones).

Aww..I want a tablet so bad! My mom said she was going to get one for me for Christmas but she coudn't find any.. :P Now I have to wait until my birthday. :P My friend has had his tablet for about a year and he's always telling me how much easier it is. I just want to kick him over and take his. :P Lol, just kidding. Anyway, his is a Wacom and he really likes it. So hopefully after my birthday, I can come on here and brag about my tablet. :P

Seriously, I think the biggest problem is that there seems to be a very wide spread misconception that tablets are expensive and that only graphic design professionals have access to them. They may not be sold on Best Buy shelves next the the trackballs or fancy 3-button mice, but they're just as cheep. It's only a matter of figuring out what size you need and finding an affordable tablet. For beginners, I suggest a graphire. That's the 4X5 inch low-end model. It's actually what use to this day. Even though I'm at the point where I need to invest in a bigger one, I can't say that my old graphire hasn't been good to me.

Seriously, I think the biggest problem is that there seems to be a very wide spread misconception that tablets are expensive and that only graphic design professionals have access to them. They may not be sold on Best Buy shelves next the the trackballs or fancy 3-button mice, but they're just as cheep. It's only a matter of figuring out what size you need and finding an affordable tablet. For beginners, I suggest a graphire. That's the 4X5 inch low-end model. It's actually what  use to this day. Even though I'm at the point where I need to invest in a bigger one, I can't say that my old graphire hasn't been good to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 6x8 tablet is a very good size. Bigger and its hard to use it to full effect, smaller can feel cramped.

Sadly, a good 6x8 tablet is $330, though its worth it. The new intuos 3 line is fantastic.

I purchased a 6x8 Wacom Graphire3 for Christmas this year, and I'm very satisfied with it. I opted for the 6x8 simply because the 4x5 looked way too cramped to do much other than edit a very small portion of the screen. I find that the 6x8 suits my needs rather nicely.Being a graphics person, I never fully imagined how a tablet would change my workflow. The mouse used to be just the de facto standard, and now I'm realizing what I've been missing out on. The wireless pen and mouse are a great duo (though I'll admit, I don't use the mouse at all, in lieu of my other wireless mouse), but it's nice to know I have a backup when my primary mouse's batteries die (yes, the wireless Wacom mouse requires no batteries). The motion is fluid, the pressure sensitivity is awesome, and I find myself doodling in Illustrator or Sketchbook Pro more than actually editing my photos. Sure, the Intuos tablets are more professionally oriented, but the Graphire line is a great introduction. Hell, I didn't even know if I'd like a tablet when I paid the $200 for the Graphire. One of the best decisions I've made in a long time.