xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

FAQ - FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS

G e n e r a l Q u e s t i o n s:

Where are our servers located?

Our servers are located in Dallas, USA.

W e b H o s t i n g :

How long does it take to setup an account at Xisto?

Once payment is received your account is typically activated within the next 6 hours.

What control panel is offered with our hosting packages?

All sites come with cPanel, you can find more information on cPanel » here

How do I log into my control panel (cPanel)?

Go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ip/cpanel. Or you can access it by typing http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel. Either way will enable you to login into your control panel.

I have been notified that my account is set up, but my site is still not active?

If it has been more than 48 hours and you are still not able to access your website then check that you pointed your site to the right DNS server. If the problem is still persisting it is probably that your ISP's DNS servers have not updated yet.

What DNS should my domain name be pointed to?

Your email will detail which of our DNS servers you should point your domain to. You will be told in your welcome letter which nameservers to use.

Can I get a dedicated IP address?

Yes, we do offer IP addresses, although we do follow » ARIN guidelines. Most of the time you will be granted an IP address if you are going to use SSL or you are a reseller and require your own Private Name Servers. If you are able to justify your use of an IP address then you will have to pay US$2.5/month.

Does email or FTP traffic count towards my bandwidth limit?

Yes, all incoming/outgoing traffic counts towards your limit.

What happens if I exceed my allotted bandwidth allowance?

Once you exceed you limit your account will be suspended. You can keep track of your bandwidth usage through cPanel.

Can I edit MySQL database tables without creating applications?

Yes, you can use phpMyAdmin included in cPanel to edit MySQL tables.

Do you support CGI/Perl Scripts?

Yes, every site comes with its own CGI-BIN which allows you to run your own Perl scripts.

Do you support PHP?

Yes, we support PHP and MySQL.

Do you support webmail?

Yes, we support webmail. You can login into your webmail using: http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail/ Please include your full email address as the user name. You have the choice of using Horde, Neomail, or SquirrellMail.

Will you place ads on my site?

No, we do not place any forms of advertising on your website.

Will I be able to send and receive email through Xisto ?

Yes, you can both send and receive mail through our servers. We provide both POP3 and STMP capabilities, details will be provided in your sign up email.

What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept Credit Cards, and PayPal. If you have further questions regarding payment methods please contact us at » billing@Xisto.com.

Incase you want to purchase additional space and BW.

Will Xisto transfer a domain for me?

We do not transfer domains for you. You must point the domain name at the name server included in your server configuration. We do register domains for you at a cost of US$10.00 (.com, .net, .org).

Do you have 24/7/365 support ?

Yes, we have onsite personnel 24/7/365 for reboots and assistance with your server.

Do you have cPanel available on your servers?

Yes cPanel is available for Red Hat Linux.

Do you allow Adult Content on your servers?

No, Adult related content is not allowed on our Servers.

Do you allow IRC services on your servers ?

No, we do not allow any type of IRC services on our network.

How many mail accounts can I create on my hosting account?

You can create as many mail accounts as you need, you can also setup auto-responders, forwarding, aliasing, and any other mail services.

Do I need an IP for each domain on my server?

You do not need an IP for each domain on your server; in fact, you only need one IP for the entire server.

Can I get additional IP addresses?

Yes you may get additional IP addresses, please » contact us and we can let you know the pricing depending on how many IP addresses you require. All IP addresses have to justified to ARIN.