xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Protect yourself against Hacker when you are usein

Protect yourself against Hacker when you are useing Yahoo Messenger!In new version of yahoo messenger you can protect yourself by firewall.To active firewall :1- go to Connection preferences from messenger menu.2- Select "firewall with no proxies" in dialoug box.3- Press okSecurity notices!1- don't receive files that you don't know sender2- always check received files with Anti virus

Protect yourself against Hacker when you are useing Yahoo Messenger!

In new version of yahoo messenger you can protect yourself by firewall.

To active firewall :

1- go to Connection preferences from messenger menu.

2- Select "firewall with no proxies" in dialoug box.

3- Press ok

Security notices!

1- don't receive files that you don't know sender

2- always check received files with Anti virus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yahoo mesenger doesnt have a firewall...

this is just a way of telling yahoo that its already behind a firewall.

u'know, for thigs like webcams or voice convo's

things that make direct client to client connections.

but im sure all this infomation is available on the yahoo website.

no real need to (mirror) it here.

This post looks like just an excuse to get some credits. Most of it's common sense, and some is worded improperly. Anyway, you really should use GT, GAIM, or even AIM as they're all much better than Yahoo (and have more users). I have a Yahoo acct, but I never had a need to use it because everyone has gt or AIM!

i from malaysia, i just know msn, yahoo, google talk, icq.
but i dont know what is GT, GAIM, AIM. can someone tell me the detail?
because i never heard about it, can they communicate with msn?
because i just use msn

This post looks like just an excuse to get some credits. Most of it's common sense, and some is worded improperly. Anyway, you really should use GT, GAIM, or even AIM as they're all much better than Yahoo (and have more users). I have a Yahoo acct, but I never had a need to use it because everyone has gt or AIM!

AIM is AOL's instant messenger (AOL is America Online, one of the largest internet providers for noobs) GT is Google Talk, you should download it beause it's not got a lot of features, but it is simple and elegant. Google Talk uses the popular Jabber protocol to send instant messages. GAIM is a 3rd party cilient, which can allow you to use accounts with almost any service and have multiple ones logged in at once (IE you can have your MSN and Yahoo in the same window with different logos for your buddies). There are other programs that do basically the same as GAIM, such as Trillian, but I prefer GAIM because it's fairly easy to set up and completely free (where as to get some features you have to upgrade Trillian).I use AIM because most of my friends have it, but really I hate AOL so if you don't have anyone to contact on it don't download it! (plus there's ads and spyware in it).

If you don't use Yahoo! Messenger, you probably should have a firewall anyways. The option just tells Yahoo! Messenger that you have a firewall installed.

There's no reason to not have a firewall period. Regardless of operating system. Be it hardware based, software based, or both. Personally, I don't feel too secure unless I know I have two firewalls. Software & hardware (router).

[N]F

Yes, a firewall is an absolute necessity, and don't think "windows firewall" will do the job for you either, because it is an m$ product and it's just there to make you feel good :D