xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

create a folder without any name

Works on any 32-bit Windows NT OS with a NTFS file-system or FAT32 file-system. He just forgot to mention that you have to press the keys on the numeric keypad not the normal number keys...

Why can't you delete them? I made 1 and deleted it just fine. a no name folder is pretty funny looking though. and helix be fortunate they didn't do something destructive to your hd. for comedy I like the catch the ok button on dialog box prank. I don't beleive in damaging anyones data or hardware though.

Hackers love to do that sort of thing.  I have a number of directories with no names and that sort of thing that I can't delete thanks to those jerks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong, and wrong. 'Hackers' are nothing like what the media seems to enjoy portraying them as.

And no offense, but I think that those who fit your idea of 'hackers' have better things to do than go around creating folders on your computer.

Wrong, and wrong. 'Hackers' are nothing like what the media seems to enjoy portraying them as.

And no offense, but I think that those who fit your idea of 'hackers' have better things to do than go around creating folders on your computer.

Now here is where you're wrong. I have an ftp server on my home computer that I use to share files with my friends. My anonymous account is read-only, and I use it to share files with friends that are way too big for the e-mail limit.

I am constantly under hacker attacks trying to log in as administrators, however I have disabled remote administration, so it is highly improbable that they will succeed.

However, recently i have noticed a rise in my internet traffic and I have found the following: These guys have created a nameless folder in the anonymous directory, which I could not see from the ftp client, and which was impossible to delete under windows. So in this nameless folder they have been uploading stuff like cracked games, ripped movies, etc.

So these guys do no harm to me, except that they use me as a mailbox. So easily I could have been accused in distribution of pirated software.

Do you still think that these guys are harmless? They do nameless folders for purpose, not just like that...and you may end up in trouble without being guilty...

we can make unamed folder with Alt + 0160 also.And ya we can make it invisible also by:Right click> Properties> Customize tab>Change icon There you will have invisible icon which we can choose. Drag carefully.

I doubt its an unnamed folder, the alt +255 have to mean something. Maybe its an ascii code for a character that can't be viewed on the screen or something i dunno lol. But i doubt its unnamed, cuz i dunno alot about memory and such but iam assuming each folder has place in memory. And well when you are entering this 'unnamed' folder, how do you find the contents in it? cuz if it isn't called anything, you can't find it on the hard disk.

Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

Uhhh.. create a folder without any name

Just to make it clear. Hackers and crackers are 2 different things. Please DO NOT call hackers the stupid script kiddies that do stuff like that. Please check the dictionary first. And just for the record, usually crackers do stuff like messing with computers and stuff like that. Hackers give their best to prevent those things from happening. 

That's all folks. 

-reply by Blue Monk