xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jackson_cn

Why My Computer Shutdown Automatic computer shutdown automatic

Since you did not state anything that could be useful to be analyzed why your computer has shut down, these are some of the possibilites:Power FlactuationYou were remotely shutdown by someone unauthorized from your system(hacked)Fatal Application ErrorSomething accidentally pressed the restart/power button of your PC.A malicious program hidden in your system that executed because of something you did that triggered it.OverheatHardware failureCondensation inside your boxA possible short circuit somewhere in your systemYou accidentally pressed a shortcut button/key that can restart/shutdown your computer.Hope this helps, sorry about this, cannot have an accurate diagnosis of your problem since you didn't really emphasize and elaborate your problem well.

Just a simple consideration, Is it possible that your computer got MS blaster(I do not know what kind OS you use). MS Service Pack to is quit good to solve those old window problems and bugs, I have fix at least 3 computers problem with that. But somebody wondering, that will make more trouble for the computer. Whatever, just a simple suggestion.

i had this problem a while back, i did everything suggested here but it still wouldnt stop shutting down, it did it every few mins and was really annoying. i ran ad aware, pc bug doctor, blaster fix, instaled critical updates, clean the registry and even did a system restore and it still did it, in the end i installed a firewall and its never done it since...

Do you mean it is possible for your machine to be controled by some remote side or some hidden software in you OS?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trojans have been present for so many years now... :) ....(RAT's) if someone dropped a Remote Access Trojan to your system then, he could control you remotely, steal your password, credit card etc..depending on the capability of the trojan he dropped. (using the internet of course)..this is where a good firewall and an anti trojan comes to the rescue.

With regards to the shutting down problem..aside from those mentioned above it is possible too that you ran out of memory (RAM) thus resulting to program error. If you have observed your box automatically shuts down upon executing memory hog programs like Norton, Photoshop, those Macromedia softwares, PSP, 3d softwares etc...then probably its just "memory shortage-program error". Now if this happens even without those memory hog programs running..maybe.. "malicious programs and scripts", "corrupted OS installation". :)

Another explanation might be that your power supply is probably dying. The power supply is not outputing a stable current anymore which causes power fluctuations. This may account for your computer restarting automatically. But i doubt thats the problem. Sometimes I get random restarts too. My power supply is fine and I don't have any trojans or viruses either.

when you get a window that says something like: error of program x, closing in 60 seconds, you can stop the pc from shutting down. like that, you can relax to find a solution to the problem:1. press windows key +R and type cmd or just open a command prompt the way you usually do it2. type this : shutdown /athis will cancel the shutdown and you'll have all the time to search the internet for a solution for your problem.marijn

Im having this problem, i am trying to find relevant stuff to it, like it only happens if a sound is played in MSN Messenger (Plus) i cant figure out why, it started when i got broadband and i downloaded plus, its really annyoing, anbody help? I isnt a virus, and my CPU isnt overheating, and i cant find this Auto Restart thingy. Its really annoying.

Hmm alot of peeps facing this problem ...its start when a error message appears and tel "u'l comp will shut down after 60 seconds"this is called blaster Worm ... U can stop IT By downloading a patch From microsoft.com...adn If u r 2 lazy to Download it then jus Do this 1) Go to "start menue"2) Clik on "Run"3) and write coamand " shutdown /a "$) press "ok"this will prevent u'r computer .....+ I have a fix blast which search this worm from u'r computer and delete it I found it in Cd .. ( above two methods will suffiecent to prevent it) but if u are Not still satisfied then message me I'll send the fix blast to u...