xisto Community
honeycomb

do you get a high salary?

I'm a Ph.D. student in China, my research work focus on "Software process". I'm interested in software process improvement in Company. But one of my friends suggest me to be a senior architect as he found I have talent there. However, I don't know what's the difference in salary in US between SEPG(software engineering process group, whose goal is to improve the process in its company) senior member and senior architect.

I'm a Ph.D. student in China, my research work focus on "Software process". I'm interested in software process improvement in Company. But one of my friends suggest me to be a senior architect as he found I have talent there. However, I don't know what's the difference in salary in US between SEPG(software engineering process group, whose goal is to improve the process in its company) senior member and senior architect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi bx93, I am work in a software company, I am interested to your research,if you give us advise, our company will get more efficient. do you have any good idea for software company?

in my idea, software engineering process overlap "software process"

I'm not sure what's a high salary to you but I work with some 3d animators and the range I've seen is entry level at about mid 30's to senior level in about the 70's. Of course that will vary by region and company and can go much higher for various reasons (including being a contractor paid hourly) or can go much lower.

hi bx93, I am work in a software company, I am interested to your research,if you give us advise, our company will get more efficient. do you have any good idea for software company? 

in my idea, software engineering process overlap "software process"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi honeycomb. It's wonderful to meet the people with same interesting here. However, it's really difficult to develop a frame which could be used in every company. There are more then ten teams in our company, and we have finished more than twenty projects. I found we had to modify the process to get more benefit. Generally, good team training gains more than cost. Good plan will reduce the risks and give the team more confidence. In development, peer review is required in all of our projects to ensure the high quality.

If possible, you may introduce the problem or difficulty in the software development here, and we can discuss the detail method to improve the status.

[i replied you on Sep 15, after that there was a network problem with my computer and I found the post was not successful today. so I reply here again.]