xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
honeycomb

what software is best?

I think that depends on what you want to do...(modeling/animating)I'll just sum up the features of both for you:3ds max:+ straightforward, more user-friendly+ easier to learn+ your choice for game modeling (easy skinning, convert to game model filetypes, loads of plugins that help you with almost every aspect of modeling/skinning)Maya:+ your choice for animation in general (better, more powerful animation editor)+ your choice for character animation (cloth, hair and fur effects included)+ in my opinion overall more powerful as far as character modeling and animation is concernedNow if you are completely new to 3D Design in general, i would recommend you start with 3ds max for now, since it is easier to learn and handle and afaik also cheaper.have fun!

if you want to make just human models for the most part and import it into any 3d modeling program, i'd go with Poser 5, its stunningly realistic (for graphics that is) and its very very flexible

I want to learn 3D design , but I don't know what software is good, 3Dmax or May,

I like movie Matrix, it have 3D picture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on choice of the Modeller

there may be Lightwave 3D which can be a better option

Lightwave3D is easier in all respects and ofcourse enough to get what you want.

I use lightwave3D [even when its hard to plug a character in VC++ modelled in Lightwave3D :) ]

adios

I want to learn 3D design , but I don't know what software is good, 3Dmax or May,

I like movie Matrix, it have 3D picture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on choice of the Modeller

there may be Lightwave 3D which can be a better option

Lightwave3D is easier in all respects and ofcourse enough to get what you want.

I use lightwave3D [even when its hard to plug a character in VC++ modelled in Lightwave3D :) ]

adios

Cinema 4D. I based my banner of this new forum of mine (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) off a Cinema 4D abstract model...and people seem to like it ^_^

If u want a free version of 3Dsmax try Gmax .
It's made bascily for game development , you cant render and u can only export to certain extensions

but still it's a great way to see how max works .... FREE :P

http://www.autodesk.com/solutions

btw I only replied to kinda look kind .... but if u were somewhere else i would flamed the hell outta ya :P

no offence

there are actually tons of 3d softwares available.. Some of them are3D maxMayaSwift 3DVectra 3dPersonally i prefer 3d max. coz u can easily create 3d animation in a matter of sec although it takes time. But 3d max is not that good at creating 3d objects as a whole Instead wat i do is i create 3d object using AUTOCAD and then render it in 3d max.Maya is good at creating 3d objects and animation as well. But it takes high system load.Swift 3d is good as well but options are limited.Vectra is the same as swift 3d limited options

An easy to learn 3D package must be 3D Studio Max. It may have lacked features in the past but with its recent release of version 7, there are a lot of exciting things going on.Besides, 3D Studio Max has all the necessary tools for animation which I like:chracter studio/it's built in bones system.it has now built in mental ray renderer which creates those oh-so-cool advanced lighting effects.What is lackes though is the fur/hair that Maya features. Neways, personally I think Max is so much user friendly than Maya.