xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chickenside

What is Your Processor ?

What is your processor?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currahee, are you crazy!? It is clearly said in the Intel.com/Intel.cc website that the lowest end P4 was 1.5 GHz. The first version of the Pentium 4 was the 1.6 GHz one. I can't even imagine a 900 MHz Pentium 4 without any proof!Are you talking about Pentium III?I have two computers, ones a Pentium IV with 3.6 GHz clockspeed and 800 MHz FSB, L1 Cache: 256 KB, L2 Cache: 512 KB and L3 Cache: 1024 KB(1MB)...

Currahee, are you crazy!? It is clearly said in the Intel.com/Intel.cc website that the lowest end P4 was 1.5 GHz. The first version of the Pentium 4 was the 1.6 GHz one. I can't even imagine a 900 MHz Pentium 4 without any proof!

Are you talking about Pentium III?

I have two computers, ones a Pentium IV with 3.6 GHz clockspeed and 800 MHz FSB, L1 Cache: 256 KB, L2 Cache: 512 KB and L3 Cache: 1024 KB(1MB)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/desktops/desktop-products.html

No, take a look again. The first intial Pentium 4 releases were 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, and 1.5GHz. However, their performance is negligible compared to that of the 1.0 and 1.2GHz Pentium IIIs. You won't start seeing a lot of performance boost with Pentium 4s until you get in the 1.7+ GHz range when comparing them with Pentium III processors.

As for the 900MHz, I just saw that on a star surplus ad on PC magazine. I'm skeptical about that too since it would be really useless... a P4 running at 900MHz =P

Hmmmmm yeah, my cousin's processor is Pentium 4 1.3 GHz, he was bragging about his processor to me when in fact his processor is only .2 faster than me. Just a quick post to verify that there is a Pentium 4 that runs at 1.3 GHz. :)

Vote please. Then post the speed of your processor. I have an Intel Pentium 4. With a processor speed of 2.4 gigs and 333 or 400?? (can't remember) front side bus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an AMD XP 2800 box and an AMD 900 MHz box. Both running win XP and have no problems. I save some bucks by buying AMD CPUs

humm.. bad thing ... i can give vote only once ..here I go ..My Desktop PC -- Athlon XP 1800 .. My Laptop -- Intel Inside Centrino 1.6 Ghz ..My Pocket PC -- Intel 300 Mhz ..:) .. I wish i could give 3 votes ..and yeah this is tooooo bad... y is there only one option for AMD ..there are K7's .. Durons .. Athlon XP's and so on in AMD ..

Celeron's are very bad. I don't care about the processor speed, its performance is horrible. I mean even for a budget CPU, it only has what... 128KB of L2 cache which hinders its performance A LOTGokul- i386.... you have a 386 processor? :) Well my PocketPC is powered by an Intel PXA270 312MHz processor, the best there is right now :) (model, that is. There is a 624MHz version that only Dell Axim's have)Oh yeah while we're at it,My Laptop- Athlon XP 2200+ m (Thoroughbred 128KB L1, 256KB L2)My sis' desktop- Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz (Northwood 16KB L1, 512KB L2)My Pocket PC- Intel PXA270 312MHzMy TI-83+- ZiLOG z80 8MHz :P