xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chickenside

Photohosting

Personally speaking, I would rather host the images myself rather than trust a third party source. Who knows what privacy intrusions those sites can do to your account. Say if you're ugly I think you could get a Spam email the next day advertising beauty creams or cheapo plastic surgeryo

Yeah I guess so. But hey, I never, ever post images of myself on the net! I post self portraits drawn in MS paint though, but never real pictures. And my self-portraits are a red stick man, with a hook as a hand. I'd host them myself but can't find any good free web hosts. I hope Xisto will change that. :)

Yeah I guess so. But hey, I never, ever post images of myself on the net! I post self portraits drawn in MS paint though, but never real pictures. And my self-portraits are a red stick man, with a hook as a hand.

I'd host them myself but can't find any good free web hosts. I hope Xisto will change that. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh... heehee in that case...

Fantastico should really help you out. Use the coppermine photo gallery, its the best :)

To be honest, every single one of the image hosting sites I've used has been more reliable than any of the webhosts I've used. To be completely honest, I would trust Photobucket or Image Shack over Xisto any day. With my history of bad webhosts, I would have to say that image hosts are more reliable.

For a complete list of webhosts and image hosts, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's how I found this host, and I know the site has an excellent list of reliable image hosting sites.

I, too, am going to recommend PhotoBucket. I searched around a bit (walagata, webpost), and they were user-friendly enough, but as soon as you posted more than a few pictures, you were out of space. And who wants to delete all your past pictures in order to stick a few more up? So I'm using PhotoBucket, and it works well enough for me.

I use imageshack (imageshack.us), but that picgoo looks pretty good...might check it out later. Image hosting with unmetered bandwith is the way to go (imageshack and picgoo), especially if you are on forums. You might host your avatar and get thousands of hits per day just on that avatar, because of the forums.

Oh...  heehee in that case...

Fantastico should really help you out. Use the coppermine photo gallery, its the best :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i think Coppermine Photo Gallery is totally awesome. But you need to have a good webhost where you can upload your pictures. I think Xisto can be used with Coppermine since it supports PHP & MySQL. Maybe we should ask the admin about this coz i also want to upload pictures when i get my free webspace here. Btw, if you dont know what Coppermine is, "Coppermine is a multi-purpose fully-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP using GD or ImageMagick lib with a MySQL backend." :)

Hi,I was wondering if any knows the path to ImageMagick? At the server or where I can find the path by myself, as I need it into my photoalbum.ThanksBrgdsJens