xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
suicide1405241470

CSS for tables with diferent rows

Hi,is there somekind of CSS style i could apply for tables to have diferent colors in diferent lines??? Separated one by one?This way my tables will all have (for example) a red row, a yellow row, a red row, a yellow row, a red row, a yello row, etc...If not, what can i do to achieve this?

you can make classes in CSS like this:

.red {        background-color: red;}.yellow {        background-color: yellow;}

and for each row you want red add this to the <td>:

class="red"<td class="red">

for yellow add this:
class="yellow"<td class="yellow">

It better to place it in <tr> if you want the whole row to be color with specific color.

<style>.background_red {background-color: red;}.background_yellow {background-color: yellow;}.background_blue {background-color: blue;}</style><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0"><tr class="background_red"><td>Column 1</td><td>Column 2</td><tr><tr class="background_yellow"><td>Column 1</td><td>Column 2</td><tr><tr class="background_blue"><td>Column 1</td><td>Column 2</td><tr></table>

tr { background: red; }tr + tr { background: blue; }
Only standard compliant browsers, though. No buggy ones, like IE.

tr { background: red; }tr + tr { background: blue; }
Only standard compliant browsers, though. No buggy ones, like IE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is probably the most suckiest flaw in IE (at least if you don't take security into account...). With tables that have several columns making every other row different colour makes it highly more readable. But as IE doesn't suppory this and it is like 95% of people in the web using it, you gotta go with clumsy <tr class= .

Geez I hate IE...

This is probably the most suckiest flaw in IE (at least if you don't take security into account...). With tables that have several columns making every other row different colour makes it highly more readable. But as IE doesn't suppory this and it is like 95% of people in the web using it, you gotta go with clumsy <tr class= .

Geez I hate IE...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ie 6.0 doesn't support all new property that release on css 2.1, have a 40-60% support to css 2, and 80-90% support to css1, that's why it's buggy. besides ms create its own property of css that only works on ie browser. anyone remember the colored scrollbar :)

I know that, but it fixes alot more than bugs.

Only just go and look at what support it offers in IE!

http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/compatibility/

No way you can do that with CSS Hacks. This patch is the ultimate solution for MS's crap, which, normal users have to go and clean up again as usual.

Hats off to Dead Edwards! That is truly amazing work. I'm most likely going to start using that

i think that's my last option, coz some ppl disable or hate js and most web users now is migrating to firefox :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see javascript being disabled a huge problem. Javascript is usually disabled for security reasons. Now if a person is concerned about security he is usually a bit more aware of the technology than the average web user and most likely is not going to use IE.

My rough and in no way statistic relying guess is that less than a per cent of the Internet Explorers that are used in the web have constantly javascript disabled.

Javascript haters are using something else.

And besides, asking people to enable javascript to view your site correctly is lot less than to ask them to download, install and switch browser. You can also explain why you require javascript, if for nothing else than to make your users blame it on Microsoft. :)