xisto Community
Eric Straven

Think before you post. Read this before posting here.

I'm a bit concerned about the recent influx of spammers into our forums. Many people who register here don't even read the rules and keep on spamming and make useless and meaningless posts. Moreover, they copy things from other places and post them here to raise their post count. If anyone has read our Rules and Regulations before posting, they would've already known that we do not approve 'HOW TOS' and 'TUTORIALS' copied from elsewhere. But sadly, the majority of those who sign up here are insincere, and never bother reading the Rules. I have seen many people making spam posts which I delete whenever I spot them here. These are considered 'minor administrative moderations' so we don't issue warnings for those. But whenever I confirm that someone has copied something from another site and posted here, at first sight, I only close/delete/disapprove the topic and send the person a PM. But if it is a repeated offense, I usually issue a warning along with a PM stating the reason that the person was warned.Moreover, many people are complaining about their post count not increasing even after they post. We have CLEARLY stated that your post count will only increase if you post helpful, beneficial and non-plagiarised material in the 'Contribute' category of our forums. If I catch people plagiarising other people's writing from elsewhere, and if it is a repeated offense, I will suspend that person for a few hours, or disable him from posting for a few hours...If it is a more serious or intended offense like in the cases of people like 'Killer' and 'Xavierduan', you have to face a greater penalty. If you feel you have been unjustly warned please send the Admin, OpaQue, a Private Message.Those who are honest posters, though, will have nothing to worry. If you are incorrectly warned, contact either me, mastercomputers or OpaQue. Keep on posting and contributing :). I request everyone to give me a shout at the shoutbox if a topic with plagiarised material is spotted, or if you suspect it to be plagiarised, I will get to investigating it as soon as I can, and please if it is possible, provide a link. Oh, and no hoaxes, PLEASE... :)