xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
levidrugi

Got any questions on Photoshop? ...anything you wanted to know about it

Here's one, I have Photoshop 8 CS (PC) and it none of the shortcut keys work. Why? Also, I use the web photo gallery batch command frequently and it doesn't look as robust as the one in PS7. I also have Photoshop 7 and it works much better IMO. What is new in CS?

with regards to keyboard...CS has a new customizable keyboard shortcuts..so if you have been tweaking it, chances are you have set shortcuts which you could not remember. And maybe out of memory (RAM) too...?

what new in cs

1. increased price

2. increased memory consumption

3. new features----> http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html

I downloaded the trial version of CS before (took me ages to download that). I personally like the new Text on Path feature. Its much easier to place proportioned texts on curves and those hard edged areas. Still I love PS7 very much...It runs well on my system unlike CS which crashes too often.

with regards to keyboard...CS has a new customizable keyboard shortcuts..so if you have been tweaking it, chances are you have set shortcuts which you could not remember. And maybe out of memory (RAM) too...?

what new in cs

1. increased price

2. increased memory consumption

3. new features----> http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html

I downloaded the trial version of CS before (took me ages to download that). I personally like the new Text on Path feature. Its much easier to place proportioned texts on curves and those hard edged areas. Still I love PS7 very much...It runs well on my system unlike CS which crashes too often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I currently have the trial version of Photoshop CS and have ordered the full version but in the trial are there any options blanked out? Its seems to have evrything there but i am just a bit suss about it....

Off topic: Does anyone want me to make them a sig? If so, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I will post some of my work as my sig later

I currently have the trial version of Photoshop CS and have ordered the full version but in the trial are there any options blanked out?

im not sure..I havent actually used a full version of CS so I cant tell the difference. :)

Okay, I have a question... Is it possible to *only* erase a specific color? Or set of colors?

why not pour those colors out as a separate layer so you could easily turn that color off? You could also use channels and masking options. :)

i see...ok heres a simpliest way to safely erasing or turning off your colors (by using different layers...we will start with this image..

Posted Image

refer to image below: on your layer pallete press 1 to add a new transparent layer

Posted Image

make sure that the current editable layer is your new layer. (just click on it) now use the brush tool to add color on certain areas you want. lets say you will use red color..

Posted ImagePosted Image

same procedure to rest areas you want to color (new layer>color)

Posted Image

if you want to turn a color off just press 2 (refer to image #2)..if you want to change it..simply delete it and create another transparent layer then color.

much easier way to select group/single colors: open an image: then, select "SELECT" -> "Color Range..."a color range dialog appears: use a the "eye dropper tool" (lower right) to select colors -> just select and click the eye dropper tool to the canvas to select color.: to add colors use "eye dropper tool w/ +" -> then select and click( you will notice the change in the preview pane)then hit ok all the colors you select is now selected :)