xisto Community
soleimanian

Is your System work slowly?

Is your System work slowly?There are many factors that cause your System work slowly.1- Shortage of RAM2- Using compressors3- Temporary files (*.Tmp)4- Fragmented files5- Low space of HDD6- Using few Partitions

There are many ways to go about making your computer faster. One would be to give your computer more RAM; another would be to eliminate useless programs that start up when Windows starts, and yet another would be to clean out the computer of files and defragmenting them.

Actually three main factors apply; CPU, RAM, and Hard Disk Drive.HDD- Remember, this thing LOADs your windows. When things load too slowly, check to see if your HDD is a slug.RAM- RAM does NOT HELP for loading times (in some cases, not all). For example loading FarCry. Loading depends heavily on how fast your HDD can run. RAM allows you to have how much data on physical RAM.CPU- Actually... CPUs are pretty fast these days.And don't forget spyware/adware. They slow your computer down tremendously. It also can be a trojan or a virus in your compouter

How about checking the number of processes running in your background :) press ctrl-alt-delete and task manager (for windows users) should pop up. you can see what "hidden" programs are running in the processes tab and close them from there.

How about checking the number of processes running in your background :) press ctrl-alt-delete and task manager (for windows users) should pop up. you can see what "hidden" programs are running in the processes tab and close them from there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good idea, however, virus alway names its process with the same name in windows and make us some difficult to find it manually. Besides, in Windows XP, there are so many processes, it's hard to find the bad process.

Actually three main factors apply; CPU, RAM, and Hard Disk Drive.

HDD- Remember, this thing LOADs your windows. When things load too slowly, check to see if your HDD is a slug.

RAM- RAM does NOT HELP for loading times (in some cases, not all). For example loading FarCry. Loading depends heavily on how fast your HDD can run. RAM allows you to have how much data on physical RAM.

CPU- Actually... CPUs are pretty fast these days.

And don't forget spyware/adware. They slow your computer down tremendously. It also can be a trojan or a virus in your compouter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any software to clean spyware/adware? My computer (installed with win98) was reported by adserver.com that has such virus, but I couldn't run the downloaded software.

There was a program that had a similar name to Spybot Search and Destory that was spyware. Spyware Search and Destroy is NOT spyware itself. Where you heard that I have no clue.

Where did you hear it anyway? If you're still a bit suspicious go here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And you'll see press coverage of spybot. If its spyware how come it got press coverage and people love it? It also won some awards as well

There was a program that had a similar name to Spybot Search and Destory that was spyware. Spyware Search and Destroy is NOT spyware itself. Where you heard that I have no clue.

Where did you hear it anyway? If you're still a bit suspicious go here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And you'll see press coverage of spybot. If its spyware how come it got press coverage and people love it? It also won some awards as well

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've all pretty much switched over to AdAwar 6.0 by LavaSoft. This is a really good program and deserves mention. I have no interest in AdAware or LavaSoft, it is just great stuff.

js :)

That's good idea, however, virus alway names its process with the same name in windows and make us some difficult to find it manually. Besides, in Windows XP, there are so many processes, it's hard to find the bad process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. I'm a firm believer in combing for unnecessary services.

Remember that these services consume memory and CPU - so anything that isn't necessary has to go! That being said - I agree that there are many people who are not savvy enough to do this with confidence.

But with a little knowledge and application you can speed up your machine greatly. For instance, if you don't use any form of unix whatsoever, why run an NFS service, or LPR/LPD, for that matter. Chameleon used to have a service (PortMapper??) that used to just bog machines incredibly, yet most people never used it.

under the processes tab, you might see names of programs which you don't want running, e.g. Apache goes under "apache.exe" there. or you usually can guess which processes are linked to which programs, e.g. Perfect Disk Scheduler goes under "PDScheduler.exe" there.if you're unsure, you can do a search using the name of the process and there'll probably be results leading to people asking the same question about the process in discussion forums.

Well, I'm not worried that my computer is running slow since I have a really good processor (2.66GHz) and my RAM neither (1024MB). Spyware, now that's somethin I should look into removing. I don't know if I have any, but I'll look into those programs.