xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
suicide1405241470

Logos won't load

Hello I uploaded all the files for a working website. But now when I load page all the text works fine but no graphics. Do I have to change some file permissons? Also there was some WS_FTP.log files in the program . Do I have to upload these as well? The site in question http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is being hosted at IX. I loaded the same program on one of my Host4profit host sites and it's doing the same thing.Any suggestions Have A Great Day

What HTML or webpage editor are you using? Also, what is the full URL for your website that is in question?The permissions shouldn't have anything to do with it, nor the WS_FTP.log files. Chances are the HTML pages are pointing to the graphics in a different location than where they are located on the web server. Did you maintain the same file structure when you uploaded your website? (i.e. if you had a "graphics" folder on your computer, is there now a "graphics" folder on the webserver, with all your graphics in there?)

Actually I had a similar problem like this happen to me before where the permissions were off. For some reason the permissions for all of the files that I uploaded using cpanel were being restricted from the public viewing them. I would suggest taking a looking at the permissions of the files or use a ftp programs like cuteftp which automatically makes sure the permissions are ok.