xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

Html Protector

Html Protector is by far the best page protection i have ever seen it compleatly encrypts the html so taht it can not be read no matter how you open it i even chnaged the exstantion to .txt and tryed to edit in old dos but stil get same result of no content use google to find it

where can people find this program is it freeware? does it cost  any link to the companywebsite would help aswell

thanks

mrc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

$30US

Anyone with a good knowledge of javascript will be able "unprotect" it tho'

there are tons of these apps about

I did see a free one a while back, I'll see if I can find it & post back

45south

I think, It scambles up the HTML and removes up the space and whitespace. Well, If this is the case, it can be easily decoded by PHP or Perl. Atleast I can do it.. Just some regex skills :) However, If it manages to screw the HTML and then brings out the result in some way then it is of no use. It will not be SE ( Search Engine ) Friendly.

Yeh, I tried this very exact software and was very disappointed by it because after purchasing it and encrypting a website with it, one of my friends looked over the coding and managed to decrypt it. It's not that very secure.

There's absolutely no possibly way to make encrypting HTML foolproof. Peoples' web browsers have to see the real source code at some point in order to actually render the page - all these "encryption" programs are really just "obfuscation" programs. Anybody with a brain will be able to decode any of them given (at most) a day or so.Really, I think it's a waste of time. As I said in a different thread, you shouldn't put anything up on the Internet that you care about people seeing. There is no way to reliably protect your data from being taken by other people. If they can see your website, then they can download all of it and do whatever they want. That's just the way things are.

I use HTML protector. Works fine for me, kinda good for protecting images since it automatically makes a php script to protect it. The 2nd method of encryption doubles the file size of the HTML file but it's worth it since only a handful of people can decode it(i'm talking about Javascript experts/decrypters). Good for getting rid of spiders from your site. Some pre-made metatags to add to your page, useful scripts and features to try to protect your source code. Of course, just like others, HTML can be decoded no matter what kind of encryption you would apply to it. It just lessens the people that could steal your content. :)

Can you unscramble the code with the same program? If so, all I have to do is dl that program and load up the encrypted code and translate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, I don't think it's possible(for the 2-layer encryption feature) but for the first one, you could find a decrypter somewhere in the web(e.g. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/encrypter.htm) although sometimes it will not totally decrypt the code since there are some added/modified lines/part when encrypted files are decrypted. Please keep in mind that you should keep your original HTML files even after encrypting for you to have basis in your encryption. All I do is... everytime I finish updating my HTML page, I encrypt it and upload to my webserver but I keep my HTML files. When I need updating, I just update my original HTML files and encrypt it again then upload it to the web server, and the cycle goes on. :)

why would someone want to protect his code?i have no problem with them using the same layout as i do. off course, it's a bit harder to copy php code. and html... well, if they don't steal it from you, they'll steal it elsewhere... no big deal... and ok, you have put some work into it, and it sucks that they just copy it... but then again, you don't loose anything, right?all i'd ever do is put a message on my site: if you want to use my code, please contact me, or something, and ask them to let me know if their site is finished. same goes for pictures. if someone wants to use my pictures, they should just ask me and i'd probably send them the high res version.one more thing:scrambling code suckswatching other people's code is the best way to learn somethingok, 10 people may just copy paste your codebut if one guy/girl really reads it and makes her own thing with it, try to understand it and learn fro it, that's just great right?

1°Nobody can say" I am sure that my code is protect"2°Why I have to encode my code, if it's only html?If you'd like a protected site, try this...Obfuscated Perl inside a html, the Obfuscated language are difficult to understand also if you have the source, but you spent more time to write it than patch a securety hole :)

Of course, just like others, HTML can be decoded no matter what kind of encryption you would apply to it. It just lessens the people that could steal your content. :)

Please remember that I said that, there is no computer/machine language that cannot be decrypted.

Why would you try to protect your code?

Simple, because if you did put lots of work into it then why would you just let others easily copy and paste it? Don't you think they should break a sweat first before succesfully copying your code so that everything can be fair?! :)

here, try this ---> https://www.cheazey.net/ <--- may not be available all the time because the host is currently having some problems.

It is protected by a 2nd layer encryption of HTML Protector and some other stuff, care to paste the exact original code? Let's see if you can decrypt it...

Everybody could try protecting their work, it is their property and it will always be their right to protect it.